Moyes: "Pienaar Fee Agreed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...steven-pienaar-permanent-deal-64375-20514015/

EVERTON manager David Moyes wants to reward on-loan Steven Pienaar with a permanent switch to Goodison Park this summer.
Moyes had previously stated that the South African’s future would not be assessed until the end of the season but the former Ajax midfielder’s good form has led the Goodison chief to declare that he intends to retain Pienaar’s services.
Pienaar returned to the Everton side on Thursday night to help them to a club European record 6-1 thrashing of SK Brann having suffered an ankle injury while on African Cup of Nations duty with South Africa.
The UEFA Cup appearance was the 25-year-old’s first outing for Everton in almost seven weeks since the shock FA Cup exit at home to Oldham Athletic but the quietly effective way in which Pienaar has integrated himself into the side’s midfield this season has impressed Moyes.
He said: “Obviously we would like to keep him. We have a deal with Borussia Dortmund to the end of the season so there’s not an absolute despera-tion to do that.
“We are quite comfortable with it at the moment. The fee is agreed.”
Pienaar built a reputation as a highly-regarded playmaker while at Ajax but struggled in his single season in the Bundesliga after joining Borussia Dortmund on a Bosman free transfer in the summer of 2006.
However, after a frustrating spell in Germany, Moyes believes that Pienaar is playing with a smile on his face once more.
He said: “I think he’s enjoying himself. He feels wanted here. He’s comfortable with the surroundings.
“It’s easier that he has other African players here as well. He would tell you that he’s really enjoying his spell here. Does it surprise me that he’s doing well? He was very good at Ajax.
“What worried me was that he went to Borussia Dortmund and it didn’t happen for him. His stature sometimes gave me the feeling that there was no strength there.”
Moyes added: “We brought him on loan to add to the squad. It was not a gamble situation. It took him a month or so to get up to speed but I think he’s done that.
“I didn’t want him to take too long after the African Nations. I thought for 45 minutes against Brann he didn’t do it, but in the second half he started to get back to the form he showed before he left. We knew of him when he was at Ajax, but probably his sights were set high and he thought Everton were not as attractive as Borussia Dortmund at that time.
“Some of the top clubs were linked. He has the ability. He went to Germ-any and didn’t feel settled there. Now he feels at home here. We’ve found similarities with Mikel (Arteta). Both are comfor-table on the ball.
“Pienaar’s Euopean experience was something we needed and it has helped us in the UEFA Cup games.”
Moyes was also delighted that strike partners Ageybeni Yakubu and Andrew Johnson scored while both of them were on the pitch together for the first time against Brann and is looking forward to continuing Everton’s UEFA Cup adventure against Fiorentina next month.
He said: “The quality of the finishes was terrific.Yak’s goals were terrific. Andy’s finishes were excellent – I enjoyed them all.
“It’s great when your centre-forwards are scoring goals like that.
“We’ve had a boost in the UEFA Cup. The better sides are still to come. It will be a big test against Fiorentina in the next round, we have a lot to play for. “It’s exciting times. We have to hang in there a little bit longer and see if we can go all the way.”
Moyes hopes to have a full strength squad for Monday’s visit to Manchester City after leaving Joseph Yobo out on Thursday because he had a cold and was carrying two bookings.
Meanwhile John Ruddy has joined Stockport on a month’s loan.

EVERTON manager David Moyes wants to reward on-loan Steven Pienaar with a permanent switch to Goodison Park this summer.
Moyes had previously stated that the South African’s future would not be assessed until the end of the season but the former Ajax midfielder’s good form has led the Goodison chief to declare that he intends to retain Pienaar’s services.
Pienaar returned to the Everton side on Thursday night to help them to a club European record 6-1 thrashing of SK Brann having suffered an ankle injury while on African Cup of Nations duty with South Africa.
The UEFA Cup appearance was the 25-year-old’s first outing for Everton in almost seven weeks since the shock FA Cup exit at home to Oldham Athletic but the quietly effective way in which Pienaar has integrated himself into the side’s midfield this season has impressed Moyes.
He said: “Obviously we would like to keep him. We have a deal with Borussia Dortmund to the end of the season so there’s not an absolute despera-tion to do that.
“We are quite comfortable with it at the moment. The fee is agreed.”
Pienaar built a reputation as a highly-regarded playmaker while at Ajax but struggled in his single season in the Bundesliga after joining Borussia Dortmund on a Bosman free transfer in the summer of 2006.
However, after a frustrating spell in Germany, Moyes believes that Pienaar is playing with a smile on his face once more.
He said: “I think he’s enjoying himself. He feels wanted here. He’s comfortable with the surroundings.
“It’s easier that he has other African players here as well. He would tell you that he’s really enjoying his spell here. Does it surprise me that he’s doing well? He was very good at Ajax.
“What worried me was that he went to Borussia Dortmund and it didn’t happen for him. His stature sometimes gave me the feeling that there was no strength there.”
Moyes added: “We brought him on loan to add to the squad. It was not a gamble situation. It took him a month or so to get up to speed but I think he’s done that.
“I didn’t want him to take too long after the African Nations. I thought for 45 minutes against Brann he didn’t do it, but in the second half he started to get back to the form he showed before he left. We knew of him when he was at Ajax, but probably his sights were set high and he thought Everton were not as attractive as Borussia Dortmund at that time.
“Some of the top clubs were linked. He has the ability. He went to Germ-any and didn’t feel settled there. Now he feels at home here. We’ve found similarities with Mikel (Arteta). Both are comfor-table on the ball.
“Pienaar’s Euopean experience was something we needed and it has helped us in the UEFA Cup games.”
Moyes was also delighted that strike partners Ageybeni Yakubu and Andrew Johnson scored while both of them were on the pitch together for the first time against Brann and is looking forward to continuing Everton’s UEFA Cup adventure against Fiorentina next month.
He said: “The quality of the finishes was terrific.Yak’s goals were terrific. Andy’s finishes were excellent – I enjoyed them all.
“It’s great when your centre-forwards are scoring goals like that.
“We’ve had a boost in the UEFA Cup. The better sides are still to come. It will be a big test against Fiorentina in the next round, we have a lot to play for. “It’s exciting times. We have to hang in there a little bit longer and see if we can go all the way.”
Moyes hopes to have a full strength squad for Monday’s visit to Manchester City after leaving Joseph Yobo out on Thursday because he had a cold and was carrying two bookings.
Meanwhile John Ruddy has joined Stockport on a month’s loan.

whats with the dashes?? some kind of code!

great news though, anyone know is he right or left footed?

having read a bit recently, its £2.8mill, then £2.5 mill. so it looks over two but under 3.

cheap at three times the price.

Now being Everton I never quite fully believe until I see the cheesey picture of Wyness and the signee siging on the dotted line. I love Pienaar hes the dogs bollocks.

Nice of him to clear all the doubts. Now we don't have to worry :)

Unless Bully has told him a pack of lies, BK has spent all the dough on a new hair cut for his tart and the Yak has become the Onions lover otherwise you're right:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its a no-brainer really hes added so much to the side we were always going to want to keep him!

I hope there isnt a summer long negotiation ala Arteta and he finnaly signs the day before the season starts.

Reading between the lines though, sounds like Moyes approached him about moving here in the past before he went to Ajax, but decided on Dortmund instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.