Moyes on 606 last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilwebby

Player Valuation: £50m
I don't know if anyone else heard the interview with Moyes after the match last night, but he mentioned that:

- The semi final isn't good enough
- We need investment if we are going to take the next step up
- We need a new stadium

He was talking as a man who knows that we are approaching our potential with what we currently have,and that the resistance to moving to Kirkby is holding the club back from really competing at the highest level.

Moyes' stock has never been higher. Either we have to give him what he wants, or I feel we will lose him sooner than we might think.

Cant see him leaving mate.

But its got to be the mutual will of the club moving forward, and the fans are a part of that.

Stand by Davek stations in three, two, one...

He's not gonna go anywhere. The top 4 clubs clearly dont think he is good enough - never on the bookies list or anything, and Everton are the best of the rest, as all the rich clubs also want great continental managers. Only club he could go to in the next year or so is Celtic really.

He is happy here and wont leave regardless of Transfer Money imo.

I don't know if anyone else heard the interview with Moyes after the match last night, but he mentioned that:

- We need a new stadium

He was talking as a man who knows that we are approaching our potential with what we currently have,and that the resistance to moving to Kirkby is holding the club back from really competing at the highest level.

Moyes' stock has never been higher. Either we have to give him what he wants, or I feel we will lose him sooner than we might think.

Moyes is a football manager, which doesn't qualify him as being able to forecast whether the move to Kirkby will pay dividends or not. Similarly, he doesn't know whether a new stadium is vital to Everton's progress. Lastly, although we need investment, Moyes has no way of knowing whether he is equipped to handle large funds. He operates well on a budget, this doesn't mean he will operate better with the funds he wants. A lot of people are claiming Jo is ****e and Fellaini isn't a £15m player. Moyes would have blown £15m on Jo had Bill given him the cash, as well as the £15m on Fellaini. Would we be any better off?

Moyes is a football manager, which doesn't qualify him as being able to forecast whether the move to Kirkby will pay dividends or not. Similarly, he doesn't know whether a new stadium is vital to Everton's progress. Lastly, although we need investment, Moyes has no way of knowing whether he is equipped to handle large funds. He operates well on a budget, this doesn't mean he will operate better with the funds he wants. A lot of people are claiming Jo is ****e and Fellaini isn't a £15m player. Moyes would have blown £15m on Jo had Bill given him the cash, as well as the £15m on Fellaini. Would we be any better off?

What a stupid argument. You don't need a crystal ball to see that a better stadium is going to generate more revenue and provide us with more funds for us to put back into the club. You're basically saying that we don't know if the extra income will be well spent and cite Fellani as an example of what might happen if we are ever in such a situation where, god forbid, we'd actually be able to compete with the higher spenders when it comes to attracting players.

Maybe after we get spanked by the Mancs in the semis, then it will help to refocus our minds on just how big the gap is, and illustrate WHY we need to move in the long run if we ever hope to compete.

Maybe after we get spanked by the Mancs in the semis, then it will help to refocus our minds on just how big the gap is, and illustrate WHY we need to move in the long run if we ever hope to compete.

Mate, you're a barrell of positivity arent you.

Why dont you enjoy the moment instead of finding reasons to get depressed and angry about.

You've read too far into something and come up with an assertion, just like lots of paranoid wanky rumours get founded online.

Compared to a lot of clubs, our futures looking alright.

Im with you on getting spanked in the semi though, that'll teach them.

KenWRONG OUT.

Have to go along with that.

Win lose or draw the last four game, the fact remains this will be our first semi-final appearance in the FA cup for 14 overdue years.

Saying that, whatever you think it's simply not good enough for a club of our stature. Even Tottenham in the last decade have reached such stages, and won finals with mediocre teams and less than impressive managers.

United would have him, and fergie has mentioned he is in the penalty shootout stage of his career. If they win 5 trophies this year he would be foolish not to finish on top. He was going to retire years ago when he was on top but had the bug, now he's been fighting to get them trophies back with the intention of retiring once he gets them...watch this space!

What a stupid argument. You don't need a crystal ball to see that a better stadium is going to generate more revenue and provide us with more funds for us to put back into the club. You're basically saying that we don't know if the extra income will be well spent and cite Fellani as an example of what might happen if we are ever in such a situation where, god forbid, we'd actually be able to compete with the higher spenders when it comes to attracting players.

WTF? I disagreed with the tone of your post on Moyes' comments, and you claim I'm giving a stupid argument. Okay, well how is this for stupid: you have just claimed that Kirkby is the magic formula for success. You've not given any evidence for that assertion other than to quote Moyes' statement, which itself was an assertion, not an argument. (n)

Sorry to be a kiljoy mr webby, but I've got to say it,
"our names is on the, our name is on the cup,
our name is on the cup

our names is on the, our name is on the cup,
our name is on the cup"

I think its called destiny. believe.

- We need a new stadium

lol

Is mind reading just one of your skills mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.