Moyes concentrating on securing survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't apply it then what's the ****ing point of having the talent in the first place?

Look at Vic. Big, strong, fast, decent at holding the ball up, and not actually that bad a player. But he either cant or wont use these attributes, so he's awful.

Saha is obviously quality, but if he can't show it, then he's gash in my book

I think it's more of a case that its not much of a confidence boost for a striker to hear that you can't get 20 a season and that the role you're playing is our ultimate downfall as to why were just looking at staying in the league

I've always been a supporter of Moyes and have been known in the past to even utter the phrase "moyesiah" but even i can see he's lost his Mojo this year he seems almost defeated and that rubs off on the players, either pick your face up Davey or ship out. what scares me is who would take a job at everton with no money to improve the team?

gary-megson-panini.JPG

surly you jest do you want to get relegated bud?

sort of a jokey post mate,
but was more intended to highlight how horrendously limited our options would be if we were to try and replace Moyes

given our current financial situation

Well if Moyes was willing to sign a new contract knowing the financial restraints is it really unlikely to think a better class of manager than Megson would want to come here.

Just look at the praise Moyes gets for doing what he does on the money. Its a win win situation for most managers i'd of thought.

A hard job yeah, but all the praise if you do well, little criticism if you do poor cause you can just blame the lack of money.

Sure we won't be getting Mourinho but is money really the main reason for wanting to manage Everton?

Well if Moyes was willing to sign a new contract knowing the financial restraints is it really unlikely to think a better class of manager than Megson would want to come here.

Just look at the praise Moyes gets for doing what he does on the money. Its a win win situation for most managers i'd of thought.

A hard job yeah, but all the praise if you do well, little criticism if you do poor cause you can just blame the lack of money.

Sure we won't be getting Mourinho but is money really the main reason for wanting to manage Everton?

Good points there mate

Any thoughts on who though ?

Bang!

And here we find ourselves in a false sense of security. Its good to know we are all purists though.

Amazed by some of the comments in this thread.

Well he's poo-pooed your prediction of getting European football this season by just staying "survival" is what we're aiming for.

Well he's poo-pooed your prediction of getting European football this season by just staying "survival" is what we're aiming for.

Competitive for European football mate, i didnt predict it was nailed, if so i would have said nailed on and i still reckon its on - if you follow my vernacular.

Lets not be to literal we all know what hes at here, the fans are being managed.

To be honest there is a breed of fan that loves to hate Everton these days, the board, employees, manager, team, players style of play - sad to see such cynicism - its long veared of objectivity, i often wonder where the fun comes in for people and why they bother.

Last edited:
Moyes says this every season, and in fact i'm pretty sure the likes of Sir Alex has said the same recently too. Nothing to worry about here

Edit: Also, it's likely he's told the team something very different

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.