Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you seriously say most big players in Italy don't have big egos as it's not in their culture?

The absolute opposite is true mate I take it you've never been with your bird to Italy.

Meh I know little about Italian football being honest but my rational was you don't often hear about managers getting turfed out of the big clubs because players hate the manager and go behind their back to owners. There's still a hierarchy at clubs which is respected.

Meh I know little about Italian football being honest but my rational was you don't often hear about managers getting turfed out of the big clubs because players hate the manager and go behind their back to owners. There's still a hierarchy at clubs which is respected.
Italian managers aren’t afraid to whip out the piano wire, or leave a horse’s head on a player’s pillow...

If the situation arose where we indeed needed a manager, Mourinho was available and willing to come then it would be stunningly foolish to turn our nose up. But we don't and he won't. However it would be interesting to see how he did with a club who are outside of the title challenging pack and don't have the financial clout he's used to.

I'm late to this, life has priorities.,

I have said time and time again that sacking managers through impatience is not the answer but I also concede that appointing the wrong managers and sticking with them is not good either. I do not believe that Silva has been here long enough to be judged properly and that in an ideal world we would back him and stick with him.

Now having said all of that, I'd break the bank to get Mourinho on board and I believe at this stage in his career he would jump at the chance. A club as big as Everton that desperately needs the kind of input he brings, the influence he brings and the kind of players he can attract is just what we need when we are gearing up to build the best stadium the North West has ever seen. What would it really cost for him? As much as we are paying previous managers still? It's a no brainer and would propel us up to the top four, I have no doubt.

So I know I'm contradicting myself but sometimes in life you have to take opportunities when they arrive, I'd be asking the question now and if he said yes I'd be getting him in ASAP. But ask it quietly because you wouldn't want him to say no and then completely undermine him.

How do you get him, well you show him what we can achieve with the new stadium going ahead and then surely you bring Usamov on board properly. Mourinho here with Usamov's cash would really shake up the premiership. Go and do it, do it now.

I'd imagine/hope he's just about sick of dealing with prima donna's and would like to get back to a situation like he had at Porto. The reality is that he's also a prima donna himself. I'd take him in a heartbeat, though...which scares me.

Status
Not open for further replies.