Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes God forbid we appoint a man who wins trophy’s & you know once you do that you become more attractive to top players ,you find you have a bigger fan base & consequently your income increases. Yes mate look at Chelsea !

I know what you’re saying and don’t deny you want the best for the club. But you’re pining for yesterday’s Mourinho. The one that was a young, intensely hungry innovator. He’s not that guy anymore. Ask Chelsea and ManU fans. Even Real Madrid fans learnt to hate him. And times have moved on leaving his methods behind. His footballing philosophy is outdated and he’ll struggle to ever be as successful as he has been in the past.

He is toxic mate. His MO is to bring in 28-30 year old players for huge amounts of money and doesn’t trust youngsters. He doesn’t develop players or construct foundations long term success. The footballing world has cottoned on to this and top players won’t want to work with him (in general). He would increase the profile of Everton but only as an object of mockery.

giphy.gif
Some pipe that lad

One of my mates reckons he seen him coming out of the Hilton on the Strand before? just passing on what i heard....

Of course I would. 2 seasons with Jose and least we can say even with a world class manager we can't win a trophy. ;)

Think he would be ok here due to the fact the players are not as high profile as Mourinho, so they will probably buy in to him.

I know what you’re saying and don’t deny you want the best for the club. But you’re pining for yesterday’s Mourinho. The one that was a young, intensely hungry innovator. He’s not that guy anymore. Ask Chelsea and ManU fans. Even Real Madrid fans learnt to hate him. And times have moved on leaving his methods behind. His footballing philosophy is outdated and he’ll struggle to ever be as successful as he has been in the past.

He is toxic mate. His MO is to bring in 28-30 year old players for huge amounts of money and doesn’t trust youngsters. He doesn’t develop players or construct foundations long term success. The footballing world has cottoned on to this and top players won’t want to work with him (in general). He would increase the profile of Everton but only as an object of mockery.
They weren't moaning when they won league titles.. Christ zadane went on to win 3 champs leagues with the players Jose bought in

He won the league 3 years ago. Won the Europa League 18 months ago and has won 2 league cups in that same period with both Chelsea and United.

We are in no position to scoff at that sort of recent record. I’d snatch your hand off for a league cup. I’m still fuming that Marco didn’t take it as seriously as he should have. We might’ve been going to Wembley next month.

IF we could attract Mourinho (and I don’t think we can - plus he’s a certainty for Bayern) then we’d obviously go for him. Just because it didn’t work out for him at United and he only does 3 year, trophy laden stints at clubs, if all he delivered here was a league cup or an FA cup he’d be a legend.

He's good enough for us, obviously, and if we were to judge him on his record alone, we'd be very lucky to have him.

However, all the baggage that comes with Jose just doesn't make it worth it. Though it would be entertaining to hear him in pre-match interviews wind up the RS before the derby.

Last 3 clubs:

Fell out with the players at Real Madrid.

Fell out with the players at Chelsea.

Fell out with the players at Man Utd.

It just might just be the case that there is a pattern emerging here...

Not good enough for us anymore.

Manager
Porto
[226]

Mourinho on the touchline against Leicester City in August 2014
Chelsea
Inter Milan[226]
Real Madrid[226]
Manchester United
Individual

Status
Not open for further replies.