Morten Gamst Pedersen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think thats the case at all. I think people have to watch MGP over a full 90 minutes instead of watching match of the day. He's isn't a good all round player. Bar set pieces and a decent left foot he's not really good in any other area.

He's been poor for a while now and Blackburn fans want rid. Players like Downing, SWP and Lennon I'd happily take as I've seen quality and potential but I've never seen that wih Pedersen.

We should be looking to bring in players who are going to the make the likes of Pienaar and Osman squad players. Pedersen wouldn't do that. He'd be a good squad filler but he wouldn't improve on our first eleven which is what we should be looking for.

Well i disagree TB, a few years back he was well sort after. He's had a poor 18 months at blackburn but this happens to players. A new start could kick things off again for him. Iv see enough of him to know he'd be a great signing. An we could really do with a proper winger. He crosses well an scores goals.

But i do agree Downing is a better player an i would love to see him at Goodison. As for Lennon an SWP, for the money i'd rather MGP.

I guess we'll all have to agree to disagree.

Personally whilst I do think MGP would be a useful squad player I don't see how he is better than either Pienaar or Arteta. We should be looking for a wide player who is going to make these players squad players. I can't see Pedersen doing that to be honest.

I think we need a different style of wide player. Someone with pace and directness who can get to the the byline and wip crosses in.

I'd love SWP but i'm in love with Pienaar and Arteta on the wings? It's just them 2 make us click imo and are defo good enough for a team that wants to break the Sky4.

as for MGP, i've always been a fan, good cross on the lad and good delivery, but can't beat a man much.

He'd be a good buy for £5 million but i'm pretty sure Blackburn will want at least 7 +.

I think we all love Arteta and Pienaar, but you have to admit they can play very narrow at times, im not saying replace or get rid or anything of the sort, but you always have in the back of your mind that they are central midfielders converted to wingers, granted they get more time and space on the ball there, but rarely get to the byline or break with pace.

I wouldnt mind a decent convential winger maybe 2 coming in to offer some varience or options to Moyes and the team and to rest Pienaar or Arteta should the need arise, their arnt many in the spuad who can play on the wings bar Ossie, and AVDM. With only AVDM who you would class as an out and out winger!

I think we all love Arteta and Pienaar, but you have to admit they can play very narrow at times, im not saying replace or get rid or anything of the sort, but you always have in the back of your mind that they are central midfielders converted to wingers, granted they get more time and space on the ball there, but rarely get to the byline or break with pace.

I wouldnt mind a decent convential winger maybe 2 coming in to offer some varience or options to Moyes and the team and to rest Pienaar or Arteta should the need arise, their arnt many in the spuad who can play on the wings bar Ossie, and AVDM. With only AVDM who you would class as an out and out winger!

To be honest I'm happy with the central players like Pienaar and Arteta playing outwide aslong as we have a different option coming from the bench.

Thats why I'd love someone like Giles Barnes. He's not going to come here and demand a place in the team but he has potential and he also has pace and the ability to go past fullbacks. If not Barnes then someone else who is young, wouldn't cost too much and has alot of pace.

Its all about options really. The more you have the better you'll be.

Agree whole heartedly, i dont really want either to be replaced, but i would like a varience to our play and options to change a game and i beleive more convential wingers could offer that. We have a lot of pace up front with Yak, Aj, and Vaghan when fit and sometimeswith Arteta and Pienaar although their techniuqe on the ball is sublime, because they are so comfortable holding onto the ball and laying of beutifull balls it tends to slow down our couterattaking play. I think with different options available our couterattacking could be more swift on the break deppending on the game of course. Again i am speaking of adding options to the squad rather then relaceing anybody.

Barnes is an excellent player and one again i have looked at for a long time he difinitely has the class, i just question his attitude, he has a touch of the Pennants about him, if Moyes is confident he could knock that out of him id have him in a shot. Kightley, another player i have watched a fair bit, wouldnt be a bad shout for the left side, i think he could offer some much needed tenacity and guile, and theres certainly more to come form him!

There we are mate between us we solved that problem, we should be given a job at the club at this rate!;)

Last edited:

Agree whole heartedly, i dont really want either to be replaced, but i would like a varience to our play and options to change a game and i beleive more convential wingers could offer that. We have a lot of pace up front with Yak, Aj, and Vaghan when fit and sometimes although their techniuqe on the ball is sublime, because they are so comfortable holding onto the ball and laying of beutifull balls it tend to slow down our couterattaking play. I think with different options available our couterattacking could be more swift on the break deppending on the game of course. Again i am speaking of adding options to the squad rather then relaceing anybody.

Barnes is an excellent player and one again i have looked at for a long time he difinitely has the class, i just question his attitude, he has a touch of the Pennants about him, if Moyes is confident he could knock that out of him id have him in a shot. Kightley, another player i have watched a fair bit, wouldnt be a bad shout for the left side, i think he could offer some much needed tenacity and guile, and theres certainly more to come form him!

There we are mate between us we solved that problem, we should be given a job at the club at this rate!;)

Definatly mate. We'd be an excellent double team. We'd probably get Everton winning the League in our first season ;)

Knightly would definatly be a good option. I'd take either him or Barnes.

I'm in on a value-buy for MGP. The midfield needs numbers and I do think with Moyes working him in a new setting, with different teammates, we could see a real turnaround in his play. But... it's all about the value.

Status
Not open for further replies.