2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flawless plan.

I know you’ve got this obsession/fetish for selling off anyone over 27 mate, but we’d be lunatics to sell Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson in January while bringing in 1 player (as much as I don’t think those two are the answer long term)

Theyre both a massive wage drain and put in one performance in 10.

Id even say 2 loan signings would be more sensible if we can sell them on.

Dont try and be a poundland Dave.

I want us to be able to field teams for the remaining games this season, thats my only expectation.

We have 1 fit Central midfielder tomorrow and you want us to sell some.

Baffling.

Thats why i used the phrase lol irony...

Tomorrow is one game...january provides many more options which create an opportunity to rid the club of £250k a week in wages and bring in transfer fees.

...regardless of his levels of performance and regardless of his attitude, I can only see him playing lots in the next few months. Our lack of pace in the back four and our lack of defensive midfielders who can run mean Schneiderlin is the only player we have who sits in front of the CBs. I’m sure this is why he wasn’t moved on.

Without anybody in that position we’re exposed. Davies did it once, he might be an option but until Gbamin is fit and firing I can’t see Schneiderlin going anywhere. Sadly, he needs to play.
Flawless plan.

I know you’ve got this obsession/fetish for selling off anyone over 27 mate, but we’d be lunatics to sell Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson in January while bringing in 1 player (as much as I don’t think those two are the answer long term)
Dont try and be a poundland Dave.

I want us to be able to field teams for the remaining games this season, thats my only expectation.

We have 1 fit Central midfielder tomorrow and you want us to sell some.

Baffling.
Tend to agree far from selling any midfielders we need to add one in January. We can look again in the summer at selling a few and bringing a few more in. Right now we are on the bare bones.

Tend to agree far from selling any midfielders we need to add one in January. We can look again in the summer at selling a few and bringing a few more in. Right now we are on the bare bones.

How many centre mids do you think we would need if we go 442?

Youre talking about a game in the middle of december...

Im on about mid - end of Jan.

So in 6 weeks you expect :

Delph to shake off the injuries hes had for the last 2 years
Gomes to come back from having his ankle snapped without any problems
Gmblammo to make a full recovery from his thigh falling off, then get up to speed straight away after playing 2 games in the league
And Davies to not pick up any injuries or suspensions
And also for your new signing to slot into the side straight away

Last time I checked that fella Spurs paid 70m for was stinking the league out.

Not much chance of anybody agreeing with you here Zat.

Sure everybody wants rid of Snides and Iceland at this point, but whilst they are contrubuting, they are needed.

How many centre mids do you think we would need if we go 442?
Let me run through the options.
Gomes: out long term
Gbamin: out and will take time to get up to speed
Dell: never fit
Morgan: out for three weeks
Davies: a squad player if we are honest
Gylfi: more of a number ten
Iwobi: more of a number ten
Youngsters like Benni and Dennis haven't been trusted.

I would say we definitely need a CM in January personally. Most of our current options aren't good enough or fit.

So in 6 weeks you expect :

Delph to shake off the injuries hes had for the last 2 years
Gomes to come back from having his ankle snapped without any problems
Gmblammo to make a full recovery from his thigh falling off, then get up to speed straight away after playing 2 games in the league
And Davies to not pick up any injuries or suspensions
And also for your new signing to slot into the side straight away

Last time I checked that fella Spurs paid 70m for was stinking the league out.

Not much chance of anybody agreeing with you here Zat.

Sure everybody wants rid of Snides and Iceland at this point, but whilst they are contrubuting, they are needed.

I havent said those things, ive said we need 4 centre mids and that if we bring 1 player in then we'd be able to shift those two out.

Let me run through the options.
Gomes: out long term
Gbamin: out and will take time to get up to speed
Dell: never fit
Morgan: out for three weeks
Davies: a squad player if we are honest
Gylfi: more of a number ten
Iwobi: more of a number ten
Youngsters like Benni and Dennis haven't been trusted.

I would say we definitely need a CM in January personally. Most of our current options aren't good enough or fit.

The key point for me is that Sigurdsson isnt going to be seen as a centre mid, more of a stopgap and isnt the solution at 10.

So that leaves the door open to move him on.

That leaves us needing 4 centre mids:

Gbamin + Davies + Delph + Gomes + New player

That gives us 5 (with Gomes out for a few months more) which would enable us to move Schneiderlin on.

Worst case we bring in a loan to cover injuries.

For me, the jan priority should still be selling players, creating a budget for 2 or 3 top signings to come in.

I havent said those things, ive said we need 4 centre mids and that if we bring 1 player in then we'd be able to shift those two out.

The key point for me is that Sigurdsson isnt going to be seen as a centre mid, more of a stopgap and isnt the solution at 10.

That gives us 5 (with Gomes out for a few months more) which would enable us to move Schneiderlin on.

For me, the jan priority should still be selling players, creating a budget for 2 or 3 top signings to come in.
You are presuming Gbamin will adapt after a bad injury and Delph isn't made of glass. Leaving us with no reliable DM if we sell Morgan. I agree we need two midfielders hopefully one thus January and to move Sig and Morgan on in the summer but not right now.

If you cant see the problem theres not much to say really Zat.

As I say tomorrow we have 1 fit Midfielder in the entire squad.

Lets assume we sell Snides.

Personally I will be shocked if Gmblammo is fit and ready in January, Gomes defo wont be, Delph is constantly injury, so again, that leaves us with Davies, plus a new signing. Be very shocked if we sign a CM in Jan and be even more shocked if we sell Snides or Iceland.

You are presuming Gbamin will adapt after a bad injury and Delph isn't made of glass. Leaving us with no reliable DM if we sell Morgan. I agree we need two midfielders hopefully one thus January and to move Sig and Morgan on in the summer but not right now.
If you cant see the problem theres not much to say really Zat.

As I say tomorrow we have 1 fit Midfielder in the entire squad.

Lets assume we sell Snides.

Personally I will be shocked if Gmblammo is fit and ready in January, Gomes defo wont be, Delph is constantly injury, so again, that leaves us with Davies, plus a new signing. Be very shocked if we sign a CM in Jan and be even more shocked if we sell Snides or Iceland.

I think its very reactionary and short term to look at this one game and see "one fit centre mid" and not count Sigurdsson (who will almost certainly play there).

If he is counted as a CM then that makes:

Sigurdsson
Schneiderlin
Gomes
Gbamin
Davies
Delph
+ Baningime

All in the first team squad...thats 7 players for 2 positions. Absolute madness.

If he isnt counted then there shouldnt even be a discussion about whether hes kept or sold in Jan...he should be sold on 1st Jan.

That would leave us with 6 centre midfielders, Gomes out long term + Gbamin as an option by end of Jan...leaving us 4 players for 2 positions.

Sign one new player as a starter and hey presto we can then shift Schneiderlin. We would again have 4 players for 2 positions and 6 once Gomes and Gbamin are back.

Makes no sense to me if Brands focuses on keeping expensive rubbish players whose values are plummeting based upon short term games.

I think its very reactionary and short term to look at this one game and see "one fit centre mid" and not count Sigurdsson (who will almost certainly play there).

If he is counted as a CM then that makes:

Sigurdsson
Schneiderlin
Gomes
Gbamin
Davies
Delph
+ Baningime

All in the first team squad...thats 7 players for 2 positions. Absolute madness.

If he isnt counted then there shouldnt even be a discussion about whether hes kept or sold in Jan...he should be sold on 1st Jan.

That would leave us with 6 centre midfielders, Gomes out long term + Gbamin as an option by end of Jan...leaving us 4 players for 2 positions.

Sign one new player as a starter and hey presto we can then shift Schneiderlin. We would again have 4 players for 2 positions and 6 once Gomes and Gbamin are back.

Makes no sense to me if Brands focuses on keeping expensive rubbish players whose values are plummeting based upon short term games.

Sigh, its not 7 players for 2 positions.

Plus we have mostly played 4231 for the last 12 years, so its not really 2 positions is it.

You want to sell 2 of them, 2 of them are long term injured, 1 of them is not be relied upon and the other hasnt played a game of professional football for 2 years. I get that you hate Snides, Iceland, Walcott, Tosun and everybody else over the age of 26, but we still need a squad. But anyway, lets leave it here and see what the next 6 weeks brings.

I mean hes out for at least 3 weeks, so its not just 1 game, maybe Delph will be back soon, but even if he is thats 3 players for 2 positions, till the middle of January at best and 1 of them gets injured by sneezing.

Even if we buy a CM in the window, unfortunately given the injury situation I think we need to keep Schneiderlin until the end of the season. The plus side of this is if he puts a few decent performances in it may actually attract some interest. Also his book price will have gone down slightly so any loses won't be as significant. If Delph can get through the United and Leicester games big ask I know hopefully we will then have chance to sign someone in time for the LC semi finals if we get through.

If we sell Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson towards the end of Jan (when Gbamin should be fit) then we would have:

New guy
Davies
Gbamin
Delph (forgot him)
+ baningime if needed
+ Gomes by end of season

Thats enough for 2 centre mid positions.
That looks like a disaster waiting to happen for me.

It leaves us one injury away from the same problem we already have.

Baningime should not be a part of this list either

That looks like a disaster waiting to happen for me.

It leaves us one injury away from the same problem we already have.

Baningime should not be a part of this list either

Why? If given a chance even as a sub might show something. Young players have to be given an opportunity at some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.