2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we want is to see some PASHUN, we want players to sink to their knees when the second goal goes in, why doesn't he point at the badge after a crunching tackle?
You mean one of those regular snide tackles that get a booking or a sending off. He’s not a quality player, when he gets the ball he gives it to the nearest Everton player to him then stands static, doesn’t make any forward movement to receive a return pass, just gives it away, job done, in his head. We are stuck with a player who takes the money, very good money and offers the least he can in return.

I think hes very average.
Very. Slow, predictable, allows opponents to get back into shape when they lose the ball. Had some good defensive games for us but too easily beaten by movement t and pace. Offers nothing going forward, no movement, no forward momentum. No quick clever passes to release players.

Anyone who thinks Schneiderlin's football is great for the team has clearly been watching a diff player to me. Busquets may not run around either but he has fantastic movement and reading of the game, a player who doesnt carry the ball, pass forward, intercepts or wins the ball back is never going to be successful.

When the opponent has the ball 10 yards in front of you and you are the nearest person, it’s not about talent but the desire to fulfil the responsibility of a professional football player to close down and win it back.

when the team is playing slow football and struggle to break teams down higher tempo, it’s no longer about talent but the common sense to read the game as a midfielder.

When the winger is in good position high up the pitch, starting his run and anticipating a pass to break free, it’s no longer about talent but the courage to try and pass, not finding reasons to hide with a 5 yards pass.

no responsibility, no desire, no common sense and no courage is the best way to describe him.

I hate him so much because I've seen what he can do at his best. I've also watched the way he actually puts effort in to hide from passes and doesn't like to play low percentage passes or drive forwards.
I have this memory where he plays a one two on the edge of the opposition box and we score. He looked a real player but he now the Cowardly Crab and drains the enthusiasm from my soul

I personally think he gets a raw deal, hes had some very, very bad games in his time here, mostly hes just average, but the way some act on here its like hes the worst player weve ever had, hes not even close.
I’m sorry usually I agree with you. He may not be the worst technically but offers the least by far on match day.

Of all the times to defend him, now is certainly not the time. We just had our best game by far without him and he has not had a good start by any stretch of the imagination.

If you want to argue that that Delph and Sigurdsson are the reason for his woes, have at it. At least there is an argument there. If he were to play with Gomes, Iwobi and Bernard he may surprise us (albeit the one he did play with Gomes he got a red card didn’t he?).

If Silva did start him though, you send out the worst message possible to the team. You are saying to the squad “Your performances don’t matter. My favorites will play.”

Status
Not open for further replies.