2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Schneids did literally anything else he might have a shred of a point.

But he does nothing. And is a sulker.

Gana and early Martinez' era Jimmy Mac could play zero forward passes and get away with it b/c they put in tackles and won possession.

What role does Schneids play in helping us win games? I mean this as a serious question.

As he explains in the interview above , he dictates the tempo of the game, removing the madly insane PASHUN of the likes of Davies who have no reading of the game.

It's often overlooked.

Honestly Morgan, Gomes, Iwobi in the middle will be superb.

I personally think he gets a raw deal, hes had some very, very bad games in his time here, mostly hes just average, but the way some act on here its like hes the worst player weve ever had, hes not even close.

Shrewd football managers, like Koeman, Silva and, sadly, Allardyce understood the importance of a player taking the mad energy out of the game to give the quality players a breather.

Unnnnnnnnsy couldn't understand this and just wanted PASHUN and to play to the Main Stand.

Morgan, Gomes, Iwobi. With Bernard and Walcott on the white lines and Richarlison up front.

If we knew this was our starting line up we wouldn't fear Brighton.

As he explains in the interview above , he dictates the tempo of the game, removing the madly insane PASHUN of the likes of Davies who have no reading of the game.

It's often overlooked.

Honestly Morgan, Gomes, Iwobi in the middle will be superb.
This is what our believed Andre does 10x better than him. To "dictate the tempo of the game" effectively, you must be really good at it for it to benefit the team.

I could run around out there, poorly, and attempt do what Schneids describes. And it wouldn't look much different to what he actually does.

This is what our believed Andre does 10x better than him. To "dictate the tempo of the game" effectively, you must be really good at it for it to benefit the team.

I could run around out there, poorly, and attempt do what Schneids describes. And it wouldn't look much different to what he actually does.

No mate. That's what great players do - they make it look so easy the man in the stand thinks "I could do that".

But you couldn't.

Shrewd football managers, like Koeman, Silva and, sadly, Allardyce understood the importance of a player taking the mad energy out of the game to give the quality players a breather.

Unnnnnnnnsy couldn't understand this and just wanted PASHUN and to play to the Main Stand.

Morgan, Gomes, Iwobi. With Bernard and Walcott on the white lines and Richarlison up front.

If we knew this was our starting line up we wouldn't fear Brighton.

An overlooked thing is getting your foot on the ball and calming down a game.

But you wont get any sense on here about that mate, everybody has gotta be able to run the 100metres in sub 8 seconds.

No mate. That's what great players do - they make it look so easy the man in the stand thinks "I could do that".

But you couldn't.
So is Schneids better than Gomes b/c I notice how great Gomes is in doing what Schneids describes?

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying. And I understand how what he describes is an ingredient to winning football. But I think it's a bit of revisionist to say that what he's doing is helping us win football matches.

Gomes is helping us win football matches

But you wont get any sense on here about that mate, everybody has gotta be able to run the 100metres in sub 8 seconds.

All we want is to see some PASHUN, we want players to sink to their knees when the second goal goes in, why doesn't he point at the badge after a crunching tackle?

So is Schneids better than Gomes b/c I notice how great Gomes is in doing what Schneids describes?

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying. And I understand how what he describes is an ingredient to winning football. But I think it's a bit of revisionist to say that what he's doing is helping us win football matches.

No mate, Andre Gomes is a Rolls Royce player.

But it doesnt mean Snides is a mini metro.

Oh no mate, sorry. Gomes is a vastly better footballer. We agree there.

You just have to have a quality footballer next to him, rather than the misplaced PASHUN of a Davies type figure. Morgs gives us that.

All our wins are when he isn't in the squad but okay he takes the sting out of the game at 0-0, You've fooled us all Morgan Busquets.

Schneirdilin doesn't calm the game down though, he just slows it down. Different. And most of the time he far from calms the crowd down anyway.
That said, I think he's technically a good player. Just not what you want when you're as crap as we are and are yearning for some energy from the team.

He has failed just about every test this season: the eyes test, the stats test and the fit test. If you are going to pile criticism on Sigurdsson for what has been a terrible season, you have to pile it on Schneiderlin as well.

You can argue as to why he has been so bad, but come off it. You can’t find any substantial argument to defend him.

I personally think he gets a raw deal, hes had some very, very bad games in his time here, mostly hes just average, but the way some act on here its like hes the worst player weve ever had, hes not even close.
So you admit he’s absolute tosh yet still defend him.

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.