2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you make a profit spunking 40ish million quid on an absolute cart horse over the course of his contract, then flog said horse for 2m and call it a profit?

My calculator must be bust

25 mill deal over five years, 20 mill accounted for four years in at 5 mill each year, 5 mill left on his book price this year. We get 2 mill, save 6.5 mill in wages on the last year of contract, so we clear 8.5 mill in fee and wages, less 5 mill on his book price, 3.5 mill profit in this year accounts in wages and amort.

If he stayed he would have cost us 11.5 mill. 5 mill in amort and 6.5 mill in wages.

Im talking solely from a player trading side of things - you obviously have income revenue, gate money, TV cash etc. That plays into it - but the reality is selling homegrown players and those who came on a free is the best way to boost you FFP speaking.

Selling Kean for £5 million tomorrow would knacker us but selling him for £5 million in 3 years time when he's 4 years into his 5 year contract wouldn't do.

The club will also be privy to the fact that Richarlison will inevitably leave for £100+ million in the next year or so - Usmanov's dodgy deals aside we dont make enough revenue to stop us needing to sell a top asset if we intend to reinvest a large amount regulary in the windows.

The fact we have come so close to falling foul of the rules in recent years makes me believe the club will be happy to take the risk knowing we do have assets to "sell" if needed.

Sadly having to pay approx. £15 million back to the TV companies will hurt us this window unless we sell a few players to offset the loss.

You do realise that wages are the biggest outlay a club makes, right?

25 mill deal over five years, 20 mill accounted for four years in at 5 mill each year, 5 mill left on his book price this year. We get 2 mill, save 6.5 mill in wages on the last year of contract, so we clear 8.5 mill in fee and wages, less 5 mill on his book price, 3.5 mill profit in this year accounts in wages and amort.

If he stayed he would have cost us 11.5 mill. 5 mill in amort and 6.5 mill in wages.
Yeah whatever.

He's still shît

So Schneiderlin gets to pocket his remaining wages, but Nice are paying them, and a little extra to us?

No he signs a new contract with Nice, we aren’t responsible for his wage beyond that, he might be due a loyalty bonus though depends on the deal.

Looks to me like we will take a hit on the fee to get rid of the wage, Morgan gets a bumper but likely reduced long term deal on the French Rivera heading into retirement, Nice get a 25 mill player on a low fee but take in a highish wage.

Everyone’s a winner, but also give and take a bit.

You do realise that wages are the biggest outlay a club makes, right?

Its a balancing act - you cant sell Siggurdsson for 500k when you paid £45 million for him 3 years ago.

The loss on this years books would still negate what we managed to save not paying him God knows what a year.

Long term getting the dregs off the wage book is vital but ultimately the main way for us to not break FFP and spend is to actually sign players who grow in value who can be sold on down the line & trade in academy players.

We have pished too much money up the wall in recent years and are paying for it - but with some shrewd deals and a bit of help from Usmanov we can still spend a bit.

Im talking solely from a player trading side of things - you obviously have income revenue, gate money, TV cash etc. That plays into it - but the reality is selling homegrown players and those who came on a free is the best way to boost you FFP speaking.

Selling Kean for £5 million tomorrow would knacker us but selling him for £5 million in 3 years time when he's 4 years into his 5 year contract wouldn't do.

The club will also be privy to the fact that Richarlison will inevitably leave for £100+ million in the next year or so - Usmanov's dodgy deals aside we dont make enough revenue to stop us needing to sell a top asset if we intend to reinvest a large amount regulary in the windows.

The fact we have come so close to falling foul of the rules in recent years makes me believe the club will be happy to take the risk knowing we do have assets to "sell" if needed.

Sadly having to pay approx. £15 million back to the TV companies will hurt us this window unless we sell a few players to offset the loss.

Wages outweigh fees heavily. That's the biggest calculation in FFP.

The selling club looks to win short term on the fee, the buying club long term on wages.

The way book value is calculated is transfer fee plus wages (minus the replacement, if they're known).

Wages outweigh fees heavily. That's the biggest calculation in FFP.

The selling club looks to win short term on the fee, the buying club long term on wages.

The way book value is calculated is transfer fee plus wages (minus the replacement, if they're known).

Which is surely a win win with Bernard - free transfer on atleast 120k a week.

£15 million sale + those wages off the books would make more sense than selling Iwobi on less wages for a loss FFP speaking?

And I prefer Bernard over Iwobi I just think Carlo if he has the choice will sell the former.

£15 million sale + those wages off the books would make more sense than selling Iwobi on less wages for a loss FFP speaking?

And I prefer Bernard over Iwobi I just think Carlo if he has the choice will sell the former.

I can see Bernie moving on myself, Carlo has left him in no doubt that he doesn't fit his plans.

Bernard is a good shout. He's not direct or physical enough for an Ancelotti side, he's on big wages, not homegrown (for the registration rules) and still has resale value.

The way you have to think is that a transfer fee is a sunk cost. The wages are a liability lasting years.

Status
Not open for further replies.