2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
.. but again not enough teams can afford the salary.. it really has become a massive issue.

I'm sure clubs don't just look at the transfer fee or the wages side, it is the total package. So Morgs wages over 2 years are roughly 12.5 million. You would say he is still worth a 15 to 20 million fee and even for clubs that only pay up to the 70k range, would make a clubs total 'affordable' package of around 22 million. So a 10 million transfer fee shouldn't be unrealistic. A 3rd year brings that total cost towards 30 million.

I'm sure clubs don't just look at the transfer fee or the wages side, it is the total package. So Morgs wages over 2 years are roughly 12.5 million. You would say he is still worth a 15 to 20 million fee and even for clubs that only pay up to the 70k range, would make a clubs total 'affordable' package of around 22 million. So a 10 million transfer fee shouldn't be unrealistic. A 3rd year brings that total cost towards 30 million.

No I agree. But that’s kind of what I’m saying.... to afford the salary they want to pay less on the transfer. The clubs that are happy for his market value and wages are very few. So we might have to sacrifice on the fee to allow clubs to afford the wage.

Don't forget his age, 30 in a few months your looking at 2 seasons before he starts deteriorating, no one will pay a big transfer fee and wages

Don't forget his age, 30 in a few months your looking at 2 seasons before he starts deteriorating, no one will pay a big transfer fee and wages

Agreed, but we aren't talking a huge fee here. 10 million is like today's nominal fee nowadays, we paid Spurs 4.5 million for a 30 year old Pienaar in 2012 for example.

I just agree with others if you loan him now when he has a two year deal you are going to get nothing back. If we are lucky his wages might just be covered, but that is a big if.

Carrying on his good form from the second half of last season into the new one, one of our better performers this preseason.

Du du du du du du Morgan schneirderlin
So you’re saying that players go through periods of good and bad form and shouldn’t be written off totally because of one period out of many good?

Pfft! You’re logical and rational thinking is wasted on here with most of this lot. Vive la Morgan!

Some on here seem to have forgotten that the entire squad were woeful around the end of Koeman’s reign & into Allardyce era. Clearly things were very badly wrong. We were being embarrassed in Europe by part timers.

Some players seem to be blameless, others not.

Status
Not open for further replies.