2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thing that grates with Silva - two positive results, he then inexplicably changes the team. Done that a few times this season.

to be fair, think every single person would have started the team he did vs Newcastle

Kenny for coleman was forced
gomes for morgan- he's done alrite but gomes was excellent in the first half ( not at fault for any goal )
richarlison for Walcott- scored his goal after doing well coming on in the derby, and I'd rather have a bottle of cat piss on the wing than walcott

to be fair, think every single person would have started the team he did vs Newcastle

Kenny for coleman was forced
gomes for morgan- he's done alrite but gomes was excellent in the first half ( not at fault for any goal )
richarlison for Walcott- scored his goal after doing well coming on in the derby, and I'd rather have a bottle of cat piss on the wing than walcott
You say that but the midfield make up of Gomes, Gana and Sig ahead of them has been proven not to provide cover for the back four, and Morgan as much as I'm not his biggest fan he is the most natural DM in the squad. He has the tactical discipline to shield that shaky back four(Gana presses away from that position too much he doesn't sit and doesn't do the ariel clearing up) and he did well in the last two games. I can understand not starting him against a team like Newcastle as Gomes brings more going forward but to not bring him on was a mistake and further illustrates Silva's tactical naivety for me. If we are losing he lashes on strikers if we need to hold on he lashes on defenders, but keeping the ball and shielding the back four is more important when you are under the cosh, adding another CB might be ok for the last ten minutes but with half an hour to go it merely brings the opposition onto you.

You say that but the midfield make up of Gomes, Gana and Sig ahead of them has been proven not to provide cover for the back four, and Morgan as much as I'm not his biggest fan but he is the most natural DM in the squad. He has the tactical discipline to shield that shaky back four(Gana presses away from that position too much he doesn't sit and doesn't do the ariel clearing up) and he did well in the last two games. I can understand not starting him against a team like Newcastle as Gomes brings more going forward but to not bring him on was a mistake and further illustrates Silva's tactical naivety for me. If we are losing he lashes on strikers if we need to hold on he lashes on defenders, but keeping the ball and shielding the back four is more important when you are under the cost, adding another CB might be ok for the last ten minutes but with half an hour to go it merely brings the opposition onto you.

we didn't lose because of the formation, gomes or any of that though

we lost once again through individual errors

first goal keane loses a header against a midget and pickford should do better
second goal, pickford parries it straight to the striker
third goal was offiside I believe?

I agree with the subs being wrong ( lashing on strikers when losing and defenders when winning ) it just invites more pressure, but we got it spot on in the first half we outplayed them all over the park, we lost ( once again ) through crabs making the same mistakes they have been making all season

we didn't lose because of the formation, gomes or any of that though

we lost once again through individual errors

first goal keane loses a header against a midget and pickford should do better
second goal, pickford parries it straight to the striker
third goal was offiside I believe?

I agree with the subs being wrong ( lashing on strikers when losing and defenders when winning ) it just invites more pressure, but we got it spot on in the first half we outplayed them all over the park, we lost ( once again ) through crabs making the same mistakes they have been making all season
Yes individual mistakes are to blame. But we are nearly at the end of a season now you have to look at the managers tactics and subs too. We were in control in the first half but once the first goal went in, that's when he needed to make the change, we were under pressure and capitulated, lets look at the leadership on and off the pitch for why that keeps happening as well as blaming individuals and their mistakes. There's a pattern here as it has happened multiple times this season, for me that's on the manager as much as the players and his tactics and selections are part of that.

Last edited:

Yes individual mistakes are to blame. But we are nearly at the end of a season now you have to look at the managers tactics and subs too. We were in control in the first half but once the first goal went in, that's when he needed to make the change, we were under pressure and capitulated, lets look at the leadership on and off the pitch for why that keeps happening as well as blaming individuals and their mistakes. There's a pattern here as it has happened multiple times this season, for me that's on the manager as much as the players and his tactics and selections are part of that.

most definitely it's the managers fault just as much as the players, but I was just replying to someone who said Morgan should have started against Newcastle and I was pointing out why he picked the right team

Thing that grates with Silva - two positive results, he then inexplicably changes the team. Done that a few times this season.
It wasn’t inexplicable. It was a different type of challenge and the team he picked did a job and we played some good football.

We get it to 2-0 and are cruising until they decide to shift to hoofing it to Rondon.

Our centre backs are shockingly vulnerable to balls over the top.

Silva’s answer was to make it easier for them to pump balls up unchallenged by switching to a three at the back. If at 2-0 we bring Schneiderlin on to strengthen the midfield and help control possesion a bit more I’m sure we’d have came away with 3 points.

most definitely it's the managers fault just as much as the players, but I was just replying to someone who said Morgan should have started against Newcastle and I was pointing out why he picked the right team
Fair enough mate, toss of a coin on that one, I just think he should have come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.