2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best in what regard?
What would he contribute in a midfield three?
Not convinced myself personally.
Positional sense, ball retention, game management and intelligent, he's a decent height and decent athlete, overall if everyone is on form he has the best total package for a center mid. The standout feature being intelligence, which was a big feature of his first six months, he made everyone elses job easier. The competition isn't exactly high mind

Positional sense, ball retention, game management and intelligent, he's a decent height and decent athlete, overall if everyone is on form he has the best total package for a center mid. The standout feature being intelligence, which was a big feature of his first six months, he made everyone elses job easier. The competition isn't exactly high mind
I would actually say that this is the biggest factor for him over Gueye. You have to be able to defend set pieces in this league. Having an extra big man on the field helps tremendously.

He's terrible, a new manager won't change that. Sure he may have "positional sense" but that just means he stands in the right place while the opposition dribbles right around him. He can pick out a pass, only 99% of the time its to someone standing 3-5 yards away from him. He's intelligent in a sense that he's knows he's still collecting checks for not caring. He's arguably our worst ever signing. Bolasie at least tried and through not fault of his own shredded his knee.

Faded really badly, not the only one I know, and his first yellow wasn't even a foul but in a competitive game he'd have been off in that second half.

I'd happily accept anything north of 10m for him.

Disagree, I’d rather keep him the season, especially if we don’t get back atleast what we paid.

If we couldnt sell him for 15-20 million, Id keep him as a backup. But we can, and hed be a miserable backup anyway. He has talent, but he doesnt care, a few preseason games dont make up for him quiting on the team for an entire season when they needed him most.

No matter HOW well Schneiderlin and Williams play, they dont get a way back in. They are poison to a club.

Thing I know...

...Morgan is not great in the air, he’s maybe 6’1”, but can’t jump and is a total weakling.

He’s not a good athlete. His feet are SLOW and his reactions aren’t particularly quick. I’m not seeing positional awareness, either.

He can pass, but rarely with urgency or in any threatening manner. He can tackle, but usually because he isn’t quick or courageous enough to intercept the ball.

To even suggest he should play over Gana is comical. If we can get 15M for him, sell immediately. Beni may not be the passer or quite have the skill, yet, but his athleticism makes up for it. I think he gives us just as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.