2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Marco Silva say/imply that Schneiderlin will be the 6. I don't seem room for Gana, if that is the case.

I’m fine with Morgan and Gana for now.
Didn't Marco Silva say/imply that Schneiderlin will be the 6. I don't seem room for Gana, if that is the case.
He definitely did not.
I remember him saying in an interview that if his 6 was Schneiderlin, the aim was to get two more progressive midfielders. Just dont see Gueye being that man.
We should be getting rid of gueye, not Schneiderlein. We are a football team, not an athletics club.

My take is this...

Schneiderlin has so many positives in his past that makes me think he would be a top player. However last season for me was literally such a downing of tools that he should be punted.

Gana cant take the ball off the defence effectively...his passing is fine BUT we need someome to take the ball off the defence.

If we keep Gana then he will need another DM alongside him.

If we keep Schneiderlin then i dont believe he can be trusted + lost any goodwill from the fans.

To be honest i wouldnt have been surprised to see both sold but now i think we have to sort out the defence first.

Kovacic available for £44mil wants games...make a move for him as our DM and sell Schneiderlin and Gana if we could pull it off.

Its high risk and high reward.

As much as I like the idea, we aren't signing Kovacic.

That being said, he would be an ideal 8. Can also play as a 6, but we wouldn't have had a player like him since Arteta, so IMO would be wasted at 6.

And partnered with someone like a Schneiderlin would allow us to play 4411, thus allowing Sigurdsson to play his best position. Juicy, but only dreams unfortunately.

What we need to understand is why a player, not known for throwing wobblies, suddenly turned into the local villain.
There must have been something that upset his apple cart and without knowing exactly what it's hard to fathom.
What happened was the Koeman Allardyce anti football axis ... any good player would down tools

What happened was the Koeman Allardyce anti football axis ... any good player would down tools

i think this, as much as we want our players to give everything how can it really be expected with the likes of Koeman basically saying he wants off to barcelona etc. especially for him whos been at an elite club and will never get a chance again

From what I read he played well for the first half yesterday. Then it appears as though players tired and stopped making themselves available to receive the ball.

Having a left back getting up and down the pitch and having Walcott, Sig and Richarlison in the side should give plenty of passing options.

He struggles to be consistent over 90 minutes for me. Classy in flashes but consistency just isn't there.

From what I read he played well for the first half yesterday. Then it appears as though players tired and stopped making themselves available to receive the ball.

Having a left back getting up and down the pitch and having Walcott, Sig and Richarlison in the side should give plenty of passing options.
They all seemed tired in the second half. Cant blame them, its why we play preseason.

I think Schneids will either be one of our best players this season, or he one of the worst. He’s got potential for both, which is scary in its own roght. Its a rough gamble, if we get high bids we should at least concider them.

Status
Not open for further replies.