Transfer Rumour Morgan Gibbs-White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wait aren't you the one with the hard on for Bowen?

Or is that ForeverBlue?

Either way you don't have to look hard to find guys his age who step up in a big way.
Nor do you have to look hard to find players who have gone on to do nothing at that age.

We simply have to stop spending 25-30m on squad players and punts.

Nor do you have to look hard to find players who have gone on to do nothing at that age.

We simply have to stop spending 25-30m on squad players and punts.
This is the kind of risk you can take though. He kicks on great if not it won't be a disaster the same way a 26 year old from a league where no teams can pay his wages will be.

I agree ideally we'd spend less but we're dumb idiots and miss out on those opportunities. I'm grading on a curve here.

Championship level

Did you rate Arteta? He couldn't make it at his boyhood club Barcelona so went to PSG on loan (before the riches came), went to Scotland (the only place he really stood out, a level below the Championship) and then played a bit part role at Real Sociedad before we "unearthed" him before his initial loan spell with us. Arteta was 22 when he joined us and the rest is history, really. It can and does happen.

This is the kind of risk you can take though. He kicks on great if not it won't be a disaster the same way a 26 year old from a league where no teams can pay his wages will be.

I agree ideally we'd spend less but we're dumb idiots and miss out on those opportunities. I'm grading on a curve here.
I think the biggest risk for us right now is signing him and he does nothing of note. We really need to get what deals we do manage to do right.

At least with Thelwell here there is a bit of sense regarding making a move for him.

Did you rate Arteta? He couldn't make it at his boyhood club Barcelona so went to PSG on loan (before the riches came), went to Scotland (the only place he really stood out, a level below the Championship) and then played a bit part role at Real Sociedad before we "unearthed" him before his initial loan spell with us. Arteta was 22 when he joined us and the rest is history, really. It can and does happen.
And Arteta at what 2.5m is of course the type of risk you can and as it turned out should take.

Not paying 10 times this amount…

I think the biggest risk for us right now is signing him and he does nothing of note. We really need to get what deals we do manage to do right.

At least with Thelwell here there is a bit of sense regarding making a move for him.
There is no way to do the second sentence without taking on risk. We aren't good enough to sign Gabriel Jesus or Zinchenko for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.