More Jo stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebbiolo

Valuation: £108 million
This is from the Telegraph. It says we might take him for a season-long loan, although Hughes didn't say that, that's the reporter talking. Also a bit at the bottom about Moyes wanting to bring in some expensive faces next season.

Jo still has a future at Manchester City after finding scoring touch

Mark Hughes has opened the door for Jo to resurrect his Manchester City career after admitting that Everton have yet to make a move to complete a permanent transfer for the on-loan forward.

By Mark Ogden
Last Updated: 12:15AM BST 25 Apr 2009

jo_everton_1391316c.jpg
Wanted man: Jo has discovered his goalscoring boots since moving to Everton on loan Photo: PA

The Brazilian, who is ineligible for today's Premier League encounter between the two clubs at Goodison Park, has scored five goals in nine games for David Moyes's team since arriving on loan from Eastlands in January.
An unimpressive return of just three goals in 18 appearances for City following his £19 million arrival from CSKA Moscow last summer resulted in Jo losing his first-team place prior to Hughes's decision to loan him to Everton.

A season-long loan deal between the two clubs, which would see Jo spend the 2009-10 campaign at Goodison, is the most likely outcome for the 22-year-old, but City manager Hughes admits that Everton have yet to raise the issue of the player's long-term future.
Hughes said: "There have been no discussions with Everton about Jo, but he has done OK for them. The idea was to get him games in the Premier League and he's had that. He's scored goals for Everton, so they're happy enough.
"Whether they want to pursue something in the long-term, though, we will have to wait and see.
"If he comes back here, we will have benefited from him playing the games he has. Can he have a future here? Yes he can."
Hughes remains keen to secure the services of nineteen-year-old forward Daniel Sturridge, but contract talks between the club and player have stalled with the two parties understood to be some distance apart on their respective valuations. Sturridge's current deal expires in June.
Hughes said: "I've spoken to Daniel and he knows my feelings with regard to his future, but I still don't think there are any developments. We are trying to move it forward but nothing seems to be happening.
"He is in a position of strength and obviously his negotiators will negotiate hard. They have put a value on Daniel and so have we.
"We are still trying to make it happen, but it has gone on for a long time and there will come a time when we have to make a decision one way or another."
Meanwhile, Moyes has revealed he does not know how much money the Everton board will sanction him to spend in the summer but admitted he feels he may need to break the club's transfer record if they are to build on the success of this season.
He said: "I thought qualifying for the Champions League [in 2005] would have made us more appealing but in the end we didn't have the money to attract the players. Last year we added one £15 million player and maybe if we are serious we are going to have to get a few of those."
Meanwhile, it was reported that Hughes was facing a problem with defender Micah Richards yesterday, with player and manager said to have had a training-ground confrontation, but the club last night played down the incident.

Those are the times during the close season when he is desperately chasing form players that Moyes must be very very frustrated . Its not that these players dont want to come to Everton its that we havent had that critical last 5 milliion or so that makes these clubs part with their best players . Moyes is right when he says that to make that next step we will have to find 20/25 million from somewhere end of . If not we will never break through that glass ceiling .

I think Jo's going to be an excellent centre forward in England, I've never hid that. If he adds at bit of agression to his game and adapts to the pace I think he'll be a real handful here. But he isn't going to be here next season so it's a case of moving on and wishing him well.

This summer I'm hoping our targets are realistic, stick to players in our price range instead of going for one massive signing like a Fellaini or a Moutinho. The squad needs touching up with quite a few players.

Someone mentioned James Morrison (West Brom winger), I'd take him here.

I think Jo's going to be an excellent centre forward in England, I've never hid that. If he adds at bit of agression to his game and adapts to the pace I think he'll be a real handful here. But he isn't going to be here next season so it's a case of moving on and wishing him well.

This summer I'm hoping our targets are realistic, stick to players in our price range instead of going for one massive signing like a Fellaini or a Moutinho. The squad needs touching up with quite a few players.

Someone mentioned James Morrison (West Brom winger), I'd take him here.

Depends how much money we have really doesn't it. I'm disappointed you've gradually lowered your expectations.

Depends how much money we have really doesn't it. I'm disappointed you've gradually lowered your expectations.

I moved into the real world Browns, it's like a breath of fresh air to be honest, mate. Join the club.

We'll have 15 million at best I reckon. Mr Morrison isn't a big name but he's certainly a useful player, a step up from Osmandinho outwide.

Some lid on Kipper reckons takeover before the Cup Final, **** Morrison, I want Messi.

No, but im setting my sights low this Summer. Got my heart broken last Summer with The Mout, so this year I think im gonna wish for Robbie Savage and Benni McCarthy.

I moved into the real world Browns, it's like a breath of fresh air to be honest, mate. Join the club.

We'll have 15 million at best I reckon. Mr Morrison isn't a big name but he's certainly a useful player, a step up from Osmandinho outwide.

Can't do it :(

I'd defo take Morrison. Mind you i did say i wanted him after the West Brom home game.

It's the best we can hope for, so don't put your expectations any higher.

Yak and Mikel are back next season, and if we don't lose anyone, I think just 1 class signing would improve us. I fully expect Moyes to also add a couple of loan signings and maybe even a free (we all know just which guy is on his way). And let's face it, even if we spent £50m, it wouldn't guarantee anything.

I can't see Jo coming on a season-long loan. Hughes will be out of door come June, and the new guy is likely to view Jo very differently.

Yak and Mikel are back next season, and if we don't lose anyone, I think just 1 class signing would improve us. I fully expect Moyes to also add a couple of loan signings and maybe even a free (we all know just which guy is on his way). And let's face it, even if we spent £50m, it wouldn't guarantee anything.

I can't see Jo coming on a season-long loan. Hughes will be out of door come June, and the new guy is likely to view Jo very differently.

Liverpool echo: Everton loan star Jo set for Manchester City return

EVERTON loan signing Jo looks set to return to Manchester City at the end of the season after Mark Hughes insisted he still has a future at
Eastlands.

Hughes or Jo? :)

Mark Hughes says there have been no talks with Everton about the future of Jo.

The Brazilian striker is on loan at Everton from Hughes' Manchester City.
He is scheduled to return to Eastlands at the end of the season but there has been speculation over his longer term future, not least because of his successful scoring record with the Toffees.

“There’s been no discussions with Everton about Jo, but he has done okay for them,” Hughes said.

“The idea was to get him games in the Premier League and he’s had that. He’s scored goals for Everton so they’re happy enough.

“Can he have a future here? Obviously he can. He struggled to get games here and I was concentrating on getting Valeri Bojinov and Benjani back and to get some games under their belts."

Despite City's wealth of strikers, Robinho is the only forward to outscore Jo’s eight strikes for his two sides this term.

Indeed, he has five in ten starts for Everton since joining in January.

“I felt Jo wouldn’t get as many games in the second half of the season as he had in the first part. I had players I was more likely to pick ahead of him," continued Hughes.

“What Jo needed was regular games in the league and that’s what he had, so he will have benefited from it and Everton have benefited.

“Whether they want to pursue something in the long-term, though, we will have to wait and see.”

Have you seen Austin Powers? You know the way he gets frozen and then brought back in the present but hasn't got a clue what's going on. That's me that is.
So, who's on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.