Monchi DoF

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we think that he's our #1 target, and PSG aren't actually in for him, it makes you wonder how much competition for his signature we actually have...hope we're confident of getting our man.

This is spot on. And not only that we are setting targets that are the very best. We are definitely not settling for targets we can easily hit.

When I worked in sales I would always be wary of anyone I worked with who would convert successful leads. It generally meant they were underselling the product. In the same way never being turned down by a manager is not a badge of honour, it probably means you are pitching yourself too low.

We are aiming for the best. We won't always get them but we will get them a fair amount of the time. More importantly we will get them a lot more often than if we stick to appointing managers from Wigan or Preston.

I like this alot.....

This is the new Everton of old.

It would be fantastic business if we get Monchi as DOF. My concern is, at Seville he could probably unearth some cracking talent from South America and sign them without many obstacles whereas we would struggle to get work permits not to mention third party ownership etc..

I suppose ideally we would need to try and link up with a club to loan players until permits and such gets resolved.

The facts are if there is someone who Moshiri wants at Everton he goes out to get them, irregardless of the competition. He's not always going to be successful, we need to move forward as a club to help, but by God, we will try our very best for each of our targets.
I don't think we can do more than that.

That's the definition of ambition for me, it's refreshing and a breath of fresh air.

Amongst all the discussions, did we ever make Emery a formal offer before we focused on Koeman? If we did, then it sounds like PSG's offer is bigger, or perhaps Emery was more believing of 'their project'.
Why does everything have to be negative??

Yes because, Everton that. But times have changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.