Monchi DoF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see a thread for him yet, sorry if there is one. If not though he needed one....

From what I've been told he is more of a priority than Koeman was. And Koeman was his only choice as manager.

This is the deal Moshiri wants, hope that picture is true of him at liverpool airport.
Maybe the delay in announcing Koeman is because the club wants to do a dual announcement?

I'm very much in favour of a DoF, would love it to be Monchi , but the startling thing for me is that we have a majority owner at the top of our club who understands what a DoF is and is setting out to get one of if not the best in Europe. Moshiri, Monchi, Koeman could be a formidable combination.
Agreed -whatever the outcome its the ambition that is good to see at present from Moshiri....

CIiOygpWoAAHsLA.jpg
This is clearly impressive, but hopeful we're less bothered by the sell on fee these days, and more by the talent-finding ability.

The facts are if there is someone who Moshiri wants at Everton he goes out to get them, irregardless of the competition. He's not always going to be successful, we need to move forward as a club to help, but by God, we will try our very best for each of our targets.

We are capable of ridiculous offers too :)

Amongst all the discussions, did we ever make Emery a formal offer before we focused on Koeman? If we did, then it sounds like PSG's offer is bigger, or perhaps Emery was more believing of 'their project'.

This is clearly impressive, but hopeful we're less bothered by the sell on fee these days, and more by the talent-finding ability.
Yeah if Monchi did come, it'll be the first time he's had a big budget. The signings he made on a limited budget was very impressive, you've got to think if he had a bigger budget he'll do even better.

Said it before on another thread, Monchi and Koeman could be a great partnership.

The facts are if there is someone who Moshiri wants at Everton he goes out to get them, irregardless of the competition. He's not always going to be successful, we need to move forward as a club to help, but by God, we will try our very best for each of our targets.

This is spot on. And not only that we are setting targets that are the very best. We are definitely not settling for targets we can easily hit.

When I worked in sales I would always be wary of anyone I worked with who would convert successful leads. It generally meant they were underselling the product. In the same way never being turned down by a manager is not a badge of honour, it probably means you are pitching yourself too low.

We are aiming for the best. We won't always get them but we will get them a fair amount of the time. More importantly we will get them a lot more often than if we stick to appointing managers from Wigan or Preston.

Status
Not open for further replies.