2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never showed anything when he pulled on our shirt. Doesn't matter what he's doing for PSG because all that matters is what he does for us.

It obviously does matter.

Then hopefully he keeps scoring at PSG so we can get close to getting our money back on him

He'll continue to score and we'll get more than double our money if we decide to sell.

"Just look at Victor Osimhen, for instance. The Nigerian scored 13 in Ligue 1 last season for Lille and it earned him a move to Napoli that could reach £72m. And that was at Lille – perform at PSG and you get even brighter limelight."

Didn't have a sniff for an hour, must have touched the ball about 4 times in that period but..... Was in the right place at the right time and two good finishes.

He points as if he's going to make a run but never actually does, so it's almost a token gesture of saying where he wants the ball. He needs to be more demanding of others and start making the runs so they've got no excuse but to put him in.

Delighted that's another couple of goals for him though, he's getting some decent minutes which is great.

It obviously does matter.

He'll continue to score and we'll get more than double our money if we decide to sell.

"Just look at Victor Osimhen, for instance. The Nigerian scored 13 in Ligue 1 last season for Lille and it earned him a move to Napoli that could reach £72m. And that was at Lille – perform at PSG and you get even brighter limelight."

Yes if we sell him. I’m referring to those saying “oh look we should have kept him” well maybe, but he also looked garbage for us so who cares if we kept him.

Seen rumours PSG have 25 mil clause to make it a permanent, would hope that's not the case... ideally goes on to bag loads of tap ins for the rest of the season for them and we sell for a big profit

1 of the best strikers weve had in a while . Why the feck did we loan him ?
I think he suffered terrible homesickness and wanted to get back to 'the Continent'. I am uncertain as to whether 'the boyhood mattress' treatment was attempted. I know Snail Keane raves about how it fixed his affliction

As we didn't have a fit back up striker he should have been made to say, whether he was happy or not as he was contracted to us. Really bad move loaning him out, imo a lack of a back up striker is what really could mess us up this season and Kean would have filled the void we are now stuck with. Loaning him out or not getting someone in could well mean the difference of getting or not getting Europe next season. I don’t suppose there’s a recall option in his loan, if not there should have been, as I bet if he got a bad injury he would be sent back.

Did some people not watch him play for us? He was often terrible when he came on as a substitute. The only complaint you can have is that maybe we should have given him more starts here and there to establish himself and build up fitness. But it was really obvious that he was not doing enough to stay fit and be ready to make an impact. He obviously had some issues settling, which wasn’t that surprising considering his age and experience.

I was skeptical about the PSG move, but he’s getting playing time against awful, awful teams and bagging goals. It’s good for us either way. He comes back with confidence or we sell him off and reinvest. It’s a bit painful to see him hit the ground running so fast but it’s better that he does well than not.

Did some people not watch him play for us? He was often terrible when he came on as a substitute. The only complaint you can have is that maybe we should have given him more starts here and there to establish himself and build up fitness. But it was really obvious that he was not doing enough to stay fit and be ready to make an impact. He obviously had some issues settling, which wasn’t that surprising considering his age and experience.

I was skeptical about the PSG move, but he’s getting playing time against awful, awful teams and bagging goals. It’s good for us either way. He comes back with confidence or we sell him off and reinvest. It’s a bit painful to see him hit the ground running so fast but it’s better that he does well than not.
He probably came here thinking he was going to get the game time DCL had had, DCL was given an unbelievable amount of game time when tbh at times he was pretty poor. He’s eventually came good, tbh I never saw it coming (as I posted in the past) but obviously very pleased it has as I want everton to do well. Kean had very little game time and just didn’t seem to have the chance to have a prolonged amount of games, perhaps DCL was showing it in training and Kean wasn’t. But I always believe a player needs a run of games to gain confidence, Kean Is getting that now and it’s shows what that has done for his confidence. Did we let Kean down or did he let us down?

I had no doubts he would score goals in that PSG team. The issue I have is he never got a run of games to build some confidence. He must have been loaned to balance the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.