2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's a remotely controversial view to be honest. A year ago everybody would have said Kean was the most talented of the three, he was meant to be a global superstar. It's hardly backing the outsider when you're saying a £27m full Italian international bought from Juventus might be more talented than a £1.5m buy from Sheffield United. I've said before, Kean is clearly talented; it's not a case of not being able to recognise that, it's just a case of weighing up whether he is going to produce enough during his time with us. Hopefully the answer is yes, and if he keeps scoring then nobody will even be asking the question.

I don't think Ancelotti currently sees him as an option to play up front in competitive games, which is a real problem. I might be wrong, but the fact is he's only started 3 times in our last 19 games, and in a game last night where every other possible outfield starter was rotated, we decided to keep the 2 strikers in rather than give him a go. I also thought it was telling that he was brought on literally as soon as we had a 2 goal cushion, as if even bringing him on when one up was too much of a gamble. We can say we don't know because we don't work for the club, but i'd be pretty confident in saying that wasn't the expectation when we signed him and made a massive fuss about it.

I think you're looking at the price thing quite simplistically. Yes they're just players, but we don't have infinite resources, so how much players cost is relevant, because it affects what we can do elsewhere in the squad. If Kean had cost £500k from Ascoli and was being paid £10k a week then we'd have £26.5m and £40/50k a week to put towards a new keeper/centre half/right back etc, so it's a bit silly to say it doesn't matter truth be told.

Good stuff mate, if we both agree hes an immensely talented player then we are off the same view. Ultimately that is a good news story, we have three, supremely talented young strikers strikers who are getting better and better and appreciating all the time. The difficulty people i think people have with Moise is the fee and their own expectations. People with is profile expected him to start, bang them in and squeeze out our existing strikers. At 20 and given he club he came into and all that happened last season i think that was impossible. I think he started well this year, he has scored when he has given more then 10 mins in a game and as i say i think he looks dangerous.Like is say i think the problem is the fee and our own expectations.

Its a curious one on starting games. He has rough edges, i dont think his all round game is there yet to be the main striker, but its nothing that is not coachable, it took DCL three seasons minimum to his a barn door and on occasions i think he actually is very sloppy in his finishing. Moise i thik is the better finisher, has more raw tools, but maybe not the in game nous that DCL has developed. DCL deserves to start, he is currently bringing home the bacon. But that is often fluid and in his own history he has gone huge swaths of his career struggling to be consistent. Its a fight pure and simple, between all our strikers, there is pressure develop and perform. I see each of them getting better and better. Moise job of work at the moment is to come on impact and develop, he needs to get so impactful its impossible for him not to start. That competition is really healthy, it should drive each other on. Its why i think its silly people wanting to cut their losses on Moise so soon. We have three appreciating assets all, developing, getting better, raising standards and appreciating. One is three years younger and getting better. He scores when he starts in the main. I think its brilliant.

Perhaps in my purest argument, i am being a bit simplistic but there is a simplicity to it. They are all footballers, the game is to get the best potential for the cheapest price and sell on at the right time. You cant look at the investment on Moise as finite. You have to consider it as asset. An asset can appreciate or depreciate. What we have dont with Moise is invest in his talent in the hope and expectation that under our coaching we can turn 20 mill, in to 50-80 mill. I think that is very possible within two to 3 years of coaching. Its not like someone like Tosun who has gone over the appex of his value. But there are secondary benefits. I mentioned the competition, our three strikers are driving each other to improve, to me all three are putting in huge effort to develop and get better, all three are scoring when given game time, its wonderful, i cant remember a time in our recent history like it. I think we all have a bit of PTSD about the need that if someone doesnt start they should be sold. Moise is in the same class as Gordon and Branthwaite and Niels, all of them ar developing at a rate of nougats and are huge value as they are all appreciating. As a business model you see where im coming from.

But lets not look at cost as just transfer fee, Moise is cheap, very cheap, we have a striker who is scoring when starting, developing and he is one of the lowest paid players in our first team squad. He on half of say what Walcott is on and a third of what Bernard in on, simply put hes a rising asset, but also a cheap one to maintain. So ultimately all in if you are asking me as ad deal or a business decision is Moise good value, absolutely.

Needs time, but looks to be a little short of what we had hoped to me. He makes a lot of poor runs, and doesn't seem that quick to me. I could be wrong or maybe a match fitness issue, but I can't see him having the pace to be running away from defenders.

That being said, give him games with James putting the ball onto his favoured foot without having to break stride 4 or 5 times a game and he'll probably be our top scorer

Fourth striker? Have they told him that? I be very disappointed if he left. He hasn't started anywhere near as well as we hoped, but just looking at him
he could be anything one day.
I tend to agree he needs a run in the team and not sure Ancelotti has confidence in him at all. Maybe a loan is the best option give him game time elsewhere to see if he does step up.

Reminds me a bit of the Lookman situation.
Was thinking this myself. People took off on here because we never played lookman and said we wer making a mistake selling him. 12 months on who is lookman? Looks very good business now. I'd love Kean to succeed but at the moment he is nowhere good enough. I get that he is young but for me his body language says that he doesn't want to be here rather be back in Italy. If we do a loan it must be an obligation to buy

It doesn't make a lot of sense this. Why go back to be (at best) 4th choice? Why would we be willng to let him go for £20m? What might be a "creative solution". Surely it is just pay the money or move on.

My own theory, is that Raoila wants to move him on. We are open to it, but at a certain price point and he is struggling to get that agreeent.

That being said, I know we looked at Kulusevski previously, I wonder if this talk may re-emerge as an option?

I hope we keep Kean, but Milik on a heavily cut price deal might be a good compromise.

It doesn't make a lot of sense this. Why go back to be (at best) 4th choice? Why would we be willng to let him go for £20m? What might be a "creative solution". Surely it is just pay the money or move on.

My own theory, is that Raoila wants to move him on. We are open to it, but at a certain price point and he is struggling to get that agreeent.

That being said, I know we looked at Kulusevski previously, I wonder if this talk may re-emerge as an option?

I hope we keep Kean, but Milik on a heavily cut price deal might be a good compromise.

Szczesny
De Ligt
Demiral
Arthur
Bentacur
Kulusevski
Dybala

I guess those are the ones we would want in any swap deal.

None seem likely

Szczesny
De Ligt
Demiral
Arthur
Bentacur
Kulusevski
Dybala

I guess those are the ones we would want in any swap deal.

None seem likely

Demiral or Kulusevski. Who knows?

It may just be, for example if they to a loan to buy next summer, the sweetener may be a loan for Kulusevski or maybe a loan for Demiral (though he had a bad injury didn't he?)

Said it for a while, can see it happening.

The lad in being offerer an easy way back home..........and its an out for us tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.