2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has a lot to prove and a lot of hard work to do, he's currently not getting a game because his competition for the spot is scoring. Plus he's still only just 20 and it's 3 games into the season. If he goes he goes but while he's here fingers crossed it clicks for him. Nobody is offering it to him on a plate
There something we can agree on :cheers:

I regularly watch the behind the scenes training videos that the club releases, I've watched him in matches since he signed, I follow him on social media and absolutely nothing I've seen has shown me he's a young lad that wants to put 100% effort in to being a top class player.

Totally agree with this. He just looks like a player who lacks desire and doesnt seem to really understand what's required of him.

An action of play against west brom summed him up. He has everything to prove after a poor showing against Salford and gets into a good position and tries a Rabona but ends up giving away a foul.

I think hes played about 20+ games for us now albeit many as a sub and not once has he excited me or made me think that he must start the next game. I would seriously sell asap while some stock is still left there and we may get 10 million if lucky.

You can talk about a good spell he had at Juventus and an international call up but that doesnt mean for one minute that he will make it. Look at his fellow Italian Federico macheda. He looked good for a while at man utd and now where is he.

If someone can please enlighten me with some enthusiasm to make me believe he can still make it at the club then I'm kean to listen, but just cant see it myself.

Raolia been back in Italy Friday discussing a move with Juve.

Apparently loan with obligation to buy at the same price we paid for him.

At this stage I would be all over that - move hasn't worked out for either party and will give us the dough to reinvest in another forward with us posting a profit on the books overall.
Not sure how much I believe this, but I feel the same. Considering the age of the players we brought in and our ambitions this year, it only makes sense to bring in another established striker. Kean probably won’t get the time to develop like he needs to here which is a shame, but it is what it is.

We can't allow him leave on loan if he does go, we'd have to get most of what we paid back.

As a 3rd option, still worth keeping him imo but if he'd prefer to go home that money could be out to good use.

I know people keep saying "what if he comes good if he leaves" blah blah but, to be perfectly honest, even if he did it wouldn't matter to me as I'd very confident now he'd never have came good here.

If we can make our money back on him, sell. If we can make 75% of the money back on him, still sell.

Comes on in 77th minute. Gets the ball, tries a trick, executes it poorly and gives the ball away. Fouls the player trying to win it back.
Rinse and repeat for 14 months.

I'd just like us to stop giving up on young players that we've invested a lot in.

People were gagging for something to moan about yesterday and they've chosen Kean, cause at 5-2 up with 2 mins left he tried a trick which didn't come off.

Obviously, I understand the frustration with him in regards to his general time here isn't about that. He has a lot to improve on. But we're a team which should be developing these players, especially if we have spent such time, money and effort to get them here, and we have one of the best managers going.

He's in his 2nd season, he's played about 30 games in total, most of them in a team which could hardly string three passes together.

I'd just like us to stop giving up on young players that we've invested a lot in.

People were gagging for something to moan about yesterday and they've chosen Kean, cause at 5-2 up with 2 mins left he tried a trick which didn't come off.

Obviously, I understand the frustration with him in regards to his general time here isn't about that. He has a lot to improve on. But we're a team which should be developing these players, especially if we have spent such time, money and effort to get them here, and we have one of the best managers going.

He's in his 2nd season, he's played about 30 games in total, most of them in a team which could hardly string three passes together.

They've got to show something though. The criticism isn't unjust.

With Tom Davies, we've invested a lot of time in him and the development isn't there. With Kean, alot of money and he's showing absolutely nothing to suggest he's worth the outlay.

It's perfectly reasonable to say we need to recoup something for the investment on both as soon as possible as we're not getting the return on the pitch.

There's a post from me when Kean first signed that said he'd get basically a free pass fro me for his first year, but it was on the proviso that we'd see something, anything to suggest there's a player there worth persisting in. But there's absolutely nothing.

They've got to show something though. The criticism isn't unjust.

With Tom Davies, we've invested a lot of time in him and the development isn't there. With Kean, alot of money and he's showing absolutely nothing to suggest he's worth the outlay.

It's perfectly reasonable to say we need to recoup something for the investment on both as soon as possible as we're not getting the return on the pitch.

There's a post from me when Kean first signed that said he'd get basically a free pass fro me for his first year, but it was on the proviso that we'd see something, anything to suggest there's a player there worth persisting in. But there's absolutely nothing.

Well, last three starts he's scored three goals. Could easily have had a hat-trick the other night (that first miss was bad, second miss unlucky). That's 'something', surely?

He played in a terrible team last year, in varying systems, in a new league, under three different managers.

I'd like to give him more time than just a season - a season which by your own logic must be heavily caveated - to see what he can do.

I'd like to see what he's like after working under Ancelotti for more than nine months, three of which were wrote off by a global pandemic.

He's 20. What's the huge rush for us? We're the club that should give these types of players time while also adding in real quality (like James, Allan etc). That's how we're going to progress. Not by giving up and calling it off as a bad do.

I'm not saying he doesn't need to do more. I just don't get the clamour to see him be sold and Josh King brought in.

Totally agree give the lad time ,hes only young got to adapt to different country different league hes only a kid really. Time needed. People too hasty to right him off like Calvert.

Status
Not open for further replies.