2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I think he'll end up out on loan again.

I don't believe that anyone will meet a high asking price, and he's not going to be a starter here.

I'm not one to slaughter the DOF or whatever, it's not an easy job, but I would say, loaning him out again would feel like a failure of the DOF and manager to me.

Sometimes big decisions need to be made and this feels like one. He's the same age as Lukaku was when he was on loan to us. You could say, with his CL performances he's had an even better performance. I'm not sure we can just let a lad like that go out on loan again.

If I was a betting man, I'd say a creative swap may be in order.

A loan is a big risk with Moise Kean. This loan has been good but the next one may not.
PSG have Neymar and mBappe playing up front with Kean, how could he not score goals ?

Kean actually missed a very good chance against Lyon early in the game after it was put on a plate for him by mBappe after a brilliant run and cross. He may not always have players like that serving up chances.

I think this summer we may well see lots of players exchanges as clubs try to strengthen without spending lots of money.

A loan is a big risk with Moise Kean. This loan has been good but the next one may not.
PSG have Neymar and mBappe playing up front with Kean, how could he not score goals ?

Kean actually missed a very good chance against Lyon early in the game after it was put on a plate for him by mBappe after a brilliant run and cross. He may not always have players like that serving up chances.

I think this summer we may well see lots of players exchanges as clubs try to strengthen without spending lots of money.
He's scored at a pretty high rate in games without them too. He's just actually a pretty good player. Any striker would look better when they're getting consistent minutes and their team creates chances.

I'm not one to slaughter the DOF or whatever, it's not an easy job, but I would say, loaning him out again would feel like a failure of the DOF and manager to me.

Sometimes big decisions need to be made and this feels like one. He's the same age as Lukaku was when he was on loan to us. You could say, with his CL performances he's had an even better performance. I'm not sure we can just let a lad like that go out on loan again.

If I was a betting man, I'd say a creative swap may be in order.
It's been a strange situation from day one. He was the marquee summer signing of 2019, but Silva seemed to have no desire to integrate him into the team, and so if any aspect of this should reflect poorly on Brands, it's the fact that he bought a player who clearly didn't fit the manager's criteria.

From what I've seen of Kean, I don't think the Premier League is for him, and it looks as though Ancelotti may feel the same way. Like you, I think that a creative solution will have to be found (maybe a multi-year loan or something).

It's been a strange situation from day one. He was the marquee summer signing of 2019, but Silva seemed to have no desire to integrate him into the team, and so if any aspect of this should reflect poorly on Brands, it's the fact that he bought a player who clearly didn't fit the manager's criteria.

From what I've seen of Kean, I don't think the Premier League is for him, and it looks as though Ancelotti may feel the same way. Like you, I think that a creative solution will have to be found (maybe a multi-year loan or something).

I am not clear, who joined the club first Kean or Silva?

More importantly, his value could tank due to serious injury at any time.

The loan has served its purpose to show that he can be productive in the right circumstances, so it's time to either bring him back to Merseyside (unlikely) or sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.