2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I would use the adjective vigour, more I think from what was mooted about Kean, disappointment.

Well he was never going to be the finished article. That's part of his problem really, he was too good to be classed as merely a promising kid but not good enough to be a regular first teamer so he was stuck with not getting loads of opportunities here but not making the most of the ones that did come his way due to him still learning.

I personally think he will turn out to be a very good player, maybe not a world beater but a very useful top flight striker who will always score goals, but he is a busted flush here now so may as well do what we can to cash in on him.

Well he was never going to be the finished article. That's part of his problem really, he was too good to be classed as merely a promising kid but not good enough to be a regular first teamer so he was stuck with not getting loads of opportunities here but not making the most of the ones that did come his way due to him still learning.

I personally think he will turn out to be a very good player, maybe not a world beater but a very useful top flight striker who will always score goals, but he is a busted flush here now so may as well do what we can to cash in on him.
He was possibly not the correct signing in the first place tbh, 100% agree with what you say, we needed a guy to be happy to sit on the bench and come on when needed, that person was never going to be Moise Kean.

He was possibly not the correct signing in the first place tbh, 100% agree with what you say, we needed a guy to be happy to sit on the bench and come on when needed, that person was never going to be Moise Kean.

Yeah pretty much. Calvert-Lewin pushed on loads last season too and his manager was sacked half way through the season of course which probably didn't help him.

I reckon the plan was to have them competing with each other for time when he first signed and then DCL just turned boss and Kean found his path to the first team blocked.

Sometimes a player can still be good yet be crap at a team he played for. It happens all the time.

I don't really get why we are downplaying our own player though with such vigor.
I think the downplaying is just a natural response to people going over the top. You've got people saying letting him go was a disgrace and he should have stayed here and scored all these goals for us instead, and that letting him go for a £20m book profit would be a disaster he's a £50m player, minimum. So then you get people saying well actually i'm not sure that's true and here's why. It's not a personal thing, it's just trying to be reasonable.

Why did his mother drop the S? leaving him as Moise. At least Moises Calceido's mother kept the S. I prefer it without the S. For those who are interested I prefer not to have either player at Everton.

....but he was ineffective here, which is why he wasn’t getting game time. Any player needs to at least demonstrate they are worth keeping, if they aren’t they need to be moved on for the best possible price.

Fans ask for players to be given a ‘run of games’, but they have to earn game time. Ancelotti gave Gordon more game time than Kean because he trusted him and felt he could benefit the team. Kean demonstrated very little.
You deserve Cenk Tosun

Ancelotti has nailed it.

He's said he doesn't want an unhappy player back. If we insist on him coming back, he'll sulk.

We didn't loan him out leaving us with just Calvert-Lewin (when Tosun was injured). Kean would have all but forced that move.

Sell him while his profile is high. Even if he develops and goes on to be able to perform in a side outside PSG in the farmers league, I dont think we'd have ever seen that player here.

Its likely hes a goner, reading Carlos comments, they are not accidental, hes putting the onus on the player and saying not my fault to the Fans, hes pited Moise against the fans and that a nail in the coffin.

Huge pity just like with Lookman another good young player goes begging and doesn't develop here, it would make you question the strategy.

Ancelotti has nailed it.

He's said he doesn't want an unhappy player back. If we insist on him coming back, he'll sulk.

We didn't loan him out leaving us with just Calvert-Lewin (when Tosun was injured). Kean would have all but forced that move.

Sell him while his profile is high. Even if he develops and goes on to be able to perform in a side outside PSG in the farmers league, I dont think we'd have ever seen that player here.

Difficult one this,.he's unhappy because we aren't playing him. And fair play to the lad he wanted to go and play games which he's done, he could have easily done a tosun or bolasie.

I think ancelotti needs to make it clear if he has plans for him next season if he was to come back, so if psg don't want to pay what we value him at and he comes back, if ancelotti tells him before hand listen you'll come back and you'll get game time he'd be less reluctant to come back don't you think?

I think he'll be sold myself, but if he was assured game time i don't think he'd come back fuming like.

Difficult one this,.he's unhappy because we aren't playing him. And fair play to the lad he wanted to go and play games which he's done, he could have easily done a tosun or bolasie.

I think ancelotti needs to make it clear if he has plans for him next season if he was to come back, so if psg don't want to pay what we value him at and he comes back, if ancelotti tells him before hand listen you'll come back and you'll get game time he'd be less reluctant to come back don't you think?

I think he'll be sold myself, but if he was assured game time i don't think he'd come back fuming like.

If anything, the fact he didn't sit on his arse like Bolasie or Tosun shows just how eager he is to leave the club. There's no point in him coming back to kick up a stink, if we have an offer over £30m on the table then we should accept and move on.

The fact Ancelotti is openly discussing it is also quite telling, almost like he's indirectly prompting PSG to come on and get this over with.

Its likely hes a goner, reading Carlos comments, they are not accidental, hes putting the onus on the player and saying not my fault to the Fans, hes pited Moise against the fans and that a nail in the coffin.

Huge pity just like with Lookman another good young player goes begging and doesn't develop here, it would make you question the strategy.
I don't really think there's that much similarity with the Lookman situation. I've said from the outset, forget about his age, Kean was supposed to be a starter for us. He wasn't bought to see how he developed, he was bought because we needed a striker and he was available. It was clear from very early on that he just didn't have the skills we needed from somebody in that position, and so he lost his place. He put in some very lethargic performances after that which didn't really help, and won't have endeared him to the manager. He was a poor fit, and Brands takes the flak on that as far as i'm concerned, but it's nothing to do with the strategy of signing young players in general.

I don't really think there's that much similarity with the Lookman situation. I've said from the outset, forget about his age, Kean was supposed to be a starter for us. He wasn't bought to see how he developed, he was bought because we needed a striker and he was available. It was clear from very early on that he just didn't have the skills we needed from somebody in that position, and so he lost his place. He put in some very lethargic performances after that which didn't really help, and won't have endeared him to the manager. He was a poor fit, and Brands takes the flak on that as far as i'm concerned, but it's nothing to do with the strategy of signing young players in general.

Each to their own mate, i wouldn't agree with a lot of that , but all good. Personally i hate seeing quality leave the squad i think both Lookman and Kean are quality players a cut above the rank and file teenagers/early 20's in the PL and didn't get the opportunities they wanted or maybe needed due to developmental needs, experience and in all honesty at times our own poor situation in the table.

Its a tough gig in the PL for young players admittedly, but id question the follow through strategy after signing them, what was the point really, unless we are just fattening calf's for the market.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.