2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a Talent Development standpoint, there are a few red flags with Kean that perhaps explain the decision.

I think while he is a talented player, he seems to have reached a level that he's comfortable with and hasn't shown much desire to push on. Whenever he's been challenged with playing a different role or adapting his style of play, it always seems like he's not been up for the challenge. Compare that to DCL who had to play a variety of roles and did so with enthusiasm and it's a red flag he won't progress.

From a few articles in the Athletic with regards to the culture of the club, it's evident they are looking for very team orientated players and it's difficult to see Kean fitting that model. Rodriguez could also be seen as perhaps outside that ideal, but the class he brings is worth it. Kean didn't demonstrate that x-factor that would be worth making an exception.

It's difficult to put any stock in reports about his training performance. Without sitting there and watching it or looking at his GPS data from a session all we have is standard PR pieces.

I’d say his mum being there when he signed was an early red flag - one of those tricky concepts to explain but the more distance between a players working environment and the parents tends to be indicative of a player who can be developed better (with exceptions of parent coaches).

Would probably be a fascinating case study.
The biggest issue to me is as you said- his willingness to fulfill multiple roles if required. Only times I saw him look well rounded were against Newcastle (excellent performance) and the other one escapes me.

He seems a good kid. I just wonder if he is a bit spoiled. Joined from a big club where he had a ton of freedom to a club where he was expected to do it all. Hope he kills it at PSG so we either get a better player or a fee.

We were 5-2 up. If there's ever a time to try something, it's then
Not for him though. You can be pretty certain that he will have been told numerous times that in order to get more time on the pitch he needs to show a level of maturity and understanding, and just fulfil the role he’s been given. When you come on and do something like that I bet the coaching staff all think ‘here we go again’ regardless of the score line. It’s why the whole ‘he’s trying too hard’ argument grated, because if you’re really trying then you do what you’ve been told to. Trying to show off how wonderful you are by doing mad flicks and trying to score solo goals is the opposite of trying too hard, it’s just being selfish and ignoring the advice and instructions you’re being given, and so proving that you’re not capable of doing your job.

Last edited:

With Neymar having only 1 year left on his deal come next summer I would like to think Richy is tapping him up and we offer Kean + cash to secure his services next season.

Rodriguez

Neymar DCL Richarlison

Whats our kin name?!

With Neymar having only 1 year left on his deal come next summer I would like to think Richy is tapping him up and we offer Kean + cash to secure his services next season.

Rodriguez

Neymar DCL Richarlison

Whats our kin name?!
Even with 1 year left he'd cost a billion. But if we were to qualify for CL for next season...

I'm not saying I'm tosuns biggest fan either but I've seen enough of Kean to know that he will offer nothing for us. The last straw was when he came on for us as a sub and done a Rabona and gave away a foul in a good position. That summed him up.

He struggled against Salford too and the fact that Allegri at Juve released him and now Carlo has should be enough for you to know that he is not going to cut it.

Tosun at least is a player who is good for squad harmony and will always give his best.
I do not think that is what happened
1 year left on his contract.
Plenty of experienced players ahead of him including Ronaldo
Raoila in his ear
Kean refused to sign a new contract ,so Juve had to sell
I may be wrong but that is my recollection

Status
Not open for further replies.