2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
...not sure it’s impatience, there’s been very little from him to indicate promise so fans reaction is understandable, especially when the likes of Gordon comes in and proves more effective.

Yesterday was very encouraging. Kean’s performance was the highlight for me. He needs to produce next season, it really is up to him to show his worth but at least we know there could be a player in there.

Yeah it's about needing to see something to suggest he can play in the league and adjust to a new country. We all knew it was very unlikely he'd be flying straight away due to his age etc. but the worry was that he was showing absolutely nothing to suggest he could make the grade.

When he's doing this...

... then obviously he has quality. But some players have quality for a brief period of time (Federico Macheda for example), others only excel in one country and so on.

Yesterday was encouraging. In many ways it was his last chance to show something to build on.

Yeah it's about needing to see something to suggest he can play in the league and adjust to a new country. We all knew it was very unlikely he'd be flying straight away due to his age etc. but the worry was that he was showing absolutely nothing to suggest he could make the grade.

When he's doing this...

... then obviously he has quality. But some players have quality for a brief period of time (Federico Macheda for example), others only excel in one country and so on.

Yesterday was encouraging. In many ways it was his last chance to show something to build on.

Get's you so excited watching that - the kid has the tricks.

Wasn't it weird seeing a midfielder pass the ball to him in a dangerous position. If we can get some midfielders that can actually pick a pass, he can score 10+ next year.

I'm all in on him.

Our best player yesterday. Looks to carry the ball forward and get a shot away. Made some good runs but didn’t get played in. Could also have had 2 assists, with better finishing from Richy and Walcott.

With better players behind him, think he’d bury a few chances.

I thought he showed us what he can do yesterday, his work rate as well looked as though it had improved from early season too. I like DLC but he rarely takes his man on in the same well Kean did. DLC’s hold up play is his real strength, Kean likes to beat his man. Sounds like it may be a nice partnership? If we stick with 442 I wonder if we could move Richy back to his favoured left wing and have Moise and DLC up front. Just a thought, but I was thrilled that he did himself proud with his performance yesterday

Pleased he got a goal yesterday as it should buy him some more time with the fans. He's got plenty of potential and imagine DCL, Kean and Richy fitted into a team with some effective central midfield, we could achieve something better than what we have now.

The way things had been going for him before yesterday, I still find it hard to believe that Raiola hasn't been lining up options for him back in Italy.

The situation seems a bit more interesting now, though.

Pleased he got a goal yesterday as it should buy him some more time with the fans. He's got plenty of potential and imagine DCL, Kean and Richy fitted into a team with some effective central midfield, we could achieve something better than what we have now.

I remember thinking the same after the Newcastle (H) game. Richarlison didn't play that day but there might be a way of fitting them in a narrow front 3 with DCL as the target man and Kean and Richarlison either side of him. I'd imagine Gordon could operate in that system too. We'd need a functioning midfield and maybe a better right back too though

Hindsight is a great thing, but should have been given more game time Since we restarted, especially with DCL needing a rest and out of form.

Bear in mind I know absolutely nothing about football, strategy, etc. But I thought he looked good yesterday. He seemed like he was able to bully some of Bournemouth's players with his size. It made him look like he knew what he was doing, at least to this novice.

Status
Not open for further replies.