2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a tough one because DCL played really well for a long time and it was more the service drying up than him playing out and out poorly that caused it to stop. So it was harsh to drop him for awhile but at the same time waiting until the last game was too long. But I don't think it was an easy one and I said before and still believe that there isn't anything to read into on how much Carlo rates Moise.
Taking someone out the team these days though is not really perceived as dropping them like it used to be. Players are rotated regularly and surely Kean has warranted more starts than he's got. It would be interesting to see DCL's reaction too in the following games but we'll have to wait for next season.

Taking someone out the team these days though is not really perceived as dropping them like it used to be. Players are rotated regularly and surely Kean has warranted more starts than he's got. It would be interesting to see DCL's reaction too in the following games but we'll have to wait for next season.
There also isn't much point to starting Kean, having him score, and then going back to DCL for 3 more games. So maybe he wasn't dropped permanently off the bat but he would have probably been out of the team for at least a few more games given Kean's good showing.

He just has an xfactor on the dribble that we haven’t had since Lookman. If Carlo can drill into him all of the basics of the game, I think we can see a huge leap. That and I’d like to see him make a wee bit more of a nuisance of himself.

This was a great game for him to finish the season on. Got to start, played very well, and scored a goal. Hes got such great power and strength, if he can improve his touch and movement he can be deadly. His willingness and ability to improve his off-ball movement and first touch will make all the difference in his career.

This was a great game for him to finish the season on. Got to start, played very well, and scored a goal. Hes got such great power and strength, if he can improve his touch and movement he can be deadly. His willingness and ability to improve his off-ball movement and first touch will make all the difference in his career.
His off ball movement is the only reason he scored today. I'm not saying it can't improve but I don't know that it is a weakness either. I see it treated as such in this thread often and I just don't think it is.

....at last. Feels like we have a new player for next season, really looking forward to seeing him.
Make you right there Eggs

Only him and Branthwaite gave any hope for the future from yesterday.

Unless Brands can shift a lot of deadwood I honestly can't see where we are going next season.

What a depressing end to a terrible season.

Worrying times for all sorts of reasons.

Make you right there Eggs

Only him and Branthwaite gave any hope for the future from yesterday.

Unless Brands can shift a lot of deadwood I honestly can't see where we are going next season.

What a depressing end to a terrible season.

Worrying times for all sorts of reasons.

..Kean needs to show yesterday wasn’t a ‘one-off‘, but there were real signs. Gordon looks a player to me. I think he could really progress next season.

He has it all along just takes time to adapt, which is understandable but unfortunately half the fan base become impatient way too fast.

...not sure it’s impatience, there’s been very little from him to indicate promise so fans reaction is understandable, especially when the likes of Gordon comes in and proves more effective.

Yesterday was very encouraging. Kean’s performance was the highlight for me. He needs to produce next season, it really is up to him to show his worth but at least we know there could be a player in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.