2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
who cares if he takes a year to get his shoes under the bed
30 million this year or next makes no difference

the utter idiocy of some armchair experts

Well that's about the stupidest post I've read in a long time. We should care as any other "£30 million striker" would have made a meaningful contribution to our season.

He’s going to be class.

Based on hope but zero evidence. I hope you're right but equally I hope I win the lottery this weekend.

Even Rooney only scored 6 goals in his first season then 9 in his second. Whatever age you are when you’re breaking through it takes time and dedication from the players standpoint and good management of the talent from the club’s for them to realise their potential fully. I’m sure Kean will get that from Ancelotti.

Agree completely, Rooney was one of the best 16 years old ever and shouldn’t be used as a comparison for all our prospects

Come the end of April, we will hopefully have a better understanding of what we can expect from Kean next season. It's not been a great start, but he's improving.

You only have to look at Calvert-Lewin to see how long it can take a player to really find their confidence; I'm not saying Kean will come good, but he might.

A goal today would certainly help improve his confidence further.

who cares if he takes a year to get his shoes under the bed
30 million this year or next makes no difference

the utter idiocy of some armchair experts
This is what it all comes down to. To some football knowledge is everything and heavily affects social status. If someone makes an unpopular view early on they hold out hoping that their view will become reality and they will go up the rankings with their sad as fk mates and have first dibs on the pub pool table.

Lid 1: “Well, Biggsy did say he was s*** early on to be fair to him.”

Lid 2: “Oh aye yeah he did say that didn’t he, fair play.”

I’m convinced it’s what it’s all about.

Well that's about the stupidest post I've read in a long time. We should care as any other "£30 million striker" would have made a meaningful contribution to our season.

Based on hope but zero evidence. I hope you're right but equally I hope I win the lottery this weekend.

this is the problem with transfer fees nowadays though, you don't pay for end product anymore you get stung for 75% of what their full value is expected to be down the line, look at united paying 60mil for martial and that Renato sanches costing Bayern something similar

just because you pay X doesn't make them a X mil player...…...yet

Forgot who said this, it was one of the podcasts, but I concur...

when he came here and there were stories about the racism he’d faced in Italy, and the supporters made a big banner to back him...

that was a nice display of support, it was sincerely meant, it also let us congratulate ourselves on our own generosity of spirit- now lets show the kid the same kind of goodwill re: getting his Everton career started.

There is never any certainty that any striker you buy at whatever price will be a success.Every player a team buys is a gamble.

This is it for me by some distance:

Remembering Franny Jeffers got me thinking. So who could have made our best recent team if it had all clicked and their potential and time together had all worked out?

GK: Martyn

RB: Yobo
CB: Stones
CB: Lescott
LB: Baines

LW: Richarlison
CM: Gueye
CM: Arteta
RW: Deulofeu

CF: Rooney
CF: Jeffers

Manager: Roberto

In my opinion all those had/have world class potential. I've ignored likes of Gascoigne and Eto on grounds they were token gestures at the fag end of their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.