2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always an excuse? He was a freak , it’s like comparing 16-17 years old to Messi at the same age. They are the exception to the rule , Rooney broke all sorts of records including the youngest player to score in the prem etc most goals for Man U and country etc he isn’t a “!normal” player
Even Rooney only scored 6 goals in his first season then 9 in his second. Whatever age you are when you’re breaking through it takes time and dedication from the players standpoint and good management of the talent from the club’s for them to realise their potential fully. I’m sure Kean will get that from Ancelotti.

Even Rooney only scored 6 goals in his first season then 9 in his second. Whatever age you are when you’re breaking through it takes time and dedication from the players standpoint and good management of the talent from the club’s for them to realise their potential fully. I’m sure Kean will get that from Ancelotti.

But he's not as good as Rooney is he.

Ronaldo in his first season at Utd aged 19 scored a grand total of 4 Premier League goals in 29 appearances, and didn’t hit double figures in the league until his 4th season at Utd. He’s now one of the greatest players of this generation, just because Kean hasn’t hit the ground running bagging 15 before now doesn’t mean there’s no talent there or Ancelotti won’t work with him to make him a better forward like Sir Alex did with Ronaldo in his early years. Give the lad a chance @davek

Not an accurate comparison, nor a particular fair one to compare the lad to arguably the greatest player of all time.

For starters, Ronaldo was joining the league champions in Manchester United, so you'd assume it's harder for a 19 year old to get game time. He made a sufficiently strong impression in training to warrant 40 appearances for United that season, more than half of which he started. He also scored 6 goals and got 9 assists playing as a winger in a 4-4-2, not as a centre-forward. That was a fabulous opening season from a 19 year old in a new league.

Moise Kean was joining a side desperate for a centre forward, and has barely got a kick under 3 different managers. Silva saw fit to start him only twice in the league. Once against Wolves and he was subbed with us still seeking a goal. The other time remains the only time he's completed 90 minutes for us, in the 2-0 home defeat to Sheffield United. Silva dropped him from the squad altogether at Southampton, because of his behaviour. He was also hauled off at half time against Watford in the cup after being started. Ferguson famously hauled him off after 18 minutes of him running around like a headless chicken at Old Trafford.

He's started only 3 games out of a possible 9 under Ancelotti and been hauled off every single time, in two of those we were still seeking a goal. He's largely been used as an impact player for a side who are desperate for the very spark, energy and clinical finishing he purported to bring. I think it's fair to say he's not excelled or impressed in training, he's certainly flattered to deceive in the game time he's received. He's looked unfit, has shown a lack of game intelligence in terms of his movement and, for those that care to look, the stats don't help him either.

Let's be clear, he's not been the signing we expected him to be.

People argue, "well he needs more time on the pitch" but at what point does it become blindingly obvious that he's not warranting it from his efforts in training? Three separate (and very different) managers, including his much lauded and widely respected compatriot now, have decided against giving him an extended run in the side. Why?

Last edited by a moderator:
People argue, "well he needs more time on the pitch" but at what point does it become blindingly obvious that he's not warranting it from his efforts in training? Three separate (and very different) managers, including his much lauded and widely respected compatriot now, have decided against giving him an extended run in the side. Why?

Because he's crap.

Like all the players, i think he needs a stable consistent environment, in all the dram its easy to forget the huge turnover of managers, huge turnover in the squad and in and out group in the squad and extended squad with the hangover of bad deals, all that i imagine is very unsettling behind the sciences. I really hope we are in for a period of stability.

I think this lad is a talent and hes growing, he will evolve with Everton.

Not an accurate comparison, nor a particular fair one to compare the lad to arguably the greatest player of all time.

For starters, Ronaldo was joining the league champions in Manchester United, so you'd assume it's harder for a 19 year old to get game time. He made a sufficiently strong impression in training to warrant 40 appearances for United that season, more than half of which he started. He also scored 6 goals and got 9 assists playing as a winger in a 4-4-2, not as a centre-forward. That was a fabulous opening season from a 19 year old in a new league.

Moise Kean was joining a side desperate for a centre forward, and has barely got a kick under 3 different managers. Silva saw fit to start him only twice in the league. Once against Wolves and he was subbed with us still seeking a goal. The other time remains the only time he's completed 90 minutes for us, in the 2-0 home defeat to Sheffield United. Silva dropped him from the squad altogether at Southampton, because of his behaviour. He was also hauled off at half time against Watford in the cup after being started. Ferguson famously hauled him off after 18 minutes of him running around like a headless chicken at Old Trafford.

He's started only 3 games out of a possible 9 under Ancelotti and been hauled off every single time, in two of those we were still seeking a goal. He's largely been used as an impact player for a side who are desperate for the very spark, energy and clinical finishing he purported to bring. I think it's fair to say he's not excelled or impressed in training, he's certainly flattered to deceive in the game time he's received. He's looked unfit, has shown a lack of game intelligence in terms of his movement and, for those that care to look, the stats don't help him either.

Let's be clear, he's not been the signing we expected him to be.

Because we have two better players in his position. I don't think it has to be an indictment of Kean that he isn't currently better than DCL and Richarlison. They are in year 3 as PL strikers. I think Kean can get to where they are in 2 years.

Because we have two better players in his position. I don't think it has to be an indictment of Kean that he isn't currently better than DCL and Richarlison. They are in year 3 as PL strikers. I think Kean can get to where they are in 2 years.

At Kean's age, Calvert Lewin knocked in 8 goals and 7 assists for us in 40 appearances. At the same age, Richarlison knocked in 5 goals and 5 assists in 41 appearances for Watford.

Kean, at his current trajectory, won't get anywhere near those sorts of numbers this season.

At Kean's age, Calvert Lewin knocked in 8 goals and 7 assists for us in 40 appearances. At the same age, Richarlison knocked in 5 goals and 5 assists in 41 appearances for Watford.

Kean, at his current trajectory, won't get anywhere near those sorts of numbers this season.
Richarlison had 2800 minutes that season. Kean at present won't touch 1500. Raw numbers might not be the best for this one.

Richarlison had 2800 minutes that season. Kean at present won't touch 1500. Raw numbers might not be the best for this one.

So, why do you suppose Richarlison got 2800 minutes at age 19/20, DCL got 2500 minutes at age 19/20 and Moise Kean might be lucky to get 1500?

What would you say are the key reasons for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.