2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay, I just wanted you to acknowledge how you got your ass handed to you in another debate.

I'm arguing that a striker who stikes once in 18 games isn't good enough

You're arguing that IS good enough for Everton

...how can I possibly be defeated on that point?

626 minutes of football....1 goal.

Let's have some realism at least on this lad.

Can we all agree that he needs to find the back of the net a few time's more than once after three quarters of a season?

I agree he needs to score at a ratio greater than 1 in 18, but I’m willing to give him a bit of time to do it before I declare his whole career a waste of time.

...and he's no better than bang average.

The shoddy standards at this club. I suppose that's what 25 years winning f.a. gets you.

I'll never succumb to a view that a player of this limited standard is adequate for us, much less the answer to our needs.

We had Lukaku not so long ago. I wont deviate from demanding an adequate replacement for him.

Is Kean young? Yes. But we should be seeing much much more than he's shown thus far. It's not just lack of goals either, his general play is nothing special at all.
Should we bin off any youth players deemed not good enough for the first team at the age of 19? They're all well behind Kean and can’t even get in the squad so just write them off yeah?

25 goals in 37 games for Villa: do you think Kean could get half that total?

FFS, look at his shot the other day - it'd have ended up as a throw in if Walcott hadn't have been standing behind him.

Thought it was agreed on here that, that was a pass mate. :coffee:. I can tell your softening to him.....

Looks to me like he is improving, getting to grips with the league, and clearly has ability. Might make it, might not, but damning him is juvenile.
I'm not damning him. I;m critiquing him. At this stage of the season it's more than acceptable to come to a conclusion. Unless we wanytour strikers to fire blanks then the verdict thus far has to be "NOT GOOD ENOUGH".

Status
Not open for further replies.