2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come close on more than a few times (including a couple of difficult volleys) despite him mentally being behind the game. And that is what I am talking about mostly - He has pace - but he isn't up to speed in reading the game played at this speed yet. It's clear in everything he does and despite that still looks 100 times more dangerous than the Tosuns and Niasses of the world :)

He'll come good - it wont be this season. In the meantime I'll continue reading tosh about selling him and page after page of knee jerking

The point stands though far too early to right a 19yr old off even in the summer

Chelsea fans probably thought Tammy Abraham would never make it with them look at him now

I wouldn´t write him off regardless. Players improve at different times and in different environments. It´s just shortsighted to think he´s going to get all the time in the world to develop here.

In the summer, we´ll have to decide if we´re happy entering the new season with DCL and Kean as our two strikers. If we´re not and we bring someone in then is Kean going to be happy as third choice? Is he going to develop much as a footballer in that role? That´s why I think it´s a huge six months for him to show that he can be an important part of the squad next year otherwise I do feel tough decisions might have to be made.

Start of the second half against Newcastle was probably his best minutes in a blue shirt. Let´s be honest, playing them at home is a great chance to bag your first goal.

The only way he's gonna get up and running is by a little run of games, to the point where there are no excuses and he has to deliver.

He simply has to get a goal under his belt because that's what striker's are paid to do.

The only way he's gonna get up and running is by a little run of games, to the point where there are no excuses and he has to deliver.

He simply has to get a goal under his belt because that's what striker's are paid to do.

He needs something. Whether that´s a big performance or a goal. Something to back up all the "He´ll come good" shouts on here. Literally 2/3 really good outings or 2/3 goals in the second half of the season would be fine.

Would people be saying he will come good if he was a £30m singing for Liverpool who hadn't scored a goal in his first 6 months? I have my doubts. We're all desperate for him to do well but saying he definitely will based on what we've seen is just out of hope rather than expectation.

Fabinho.

Lol. If a signing like that showed nothing in 2 games he would be banished until he showed something or sold.

It’s the difference in culture abc expectation.

The fact so many fans think producing absolutely nothing in 6 months is acceptable and he needs more chances shows how far this club has sunk.

Fabinho.

You can say six months but Kean hasn't had a consistent run of say five or six games, we would have a better idea of how good he was then. Does not look match fit to me, need games consistently to get that, difference between being fit and match fit.

Should be coming on every match for 30mins now and of course in for Richarlison/DCL if theyre unavailable.

I dont think we do, if that is the direction we have decided to go in, you have to back it in my opinion.

I see the folly being with us as a fan base, our expectations were out the window with this lad, there was no way a 19 year old with few senior appearances was ever coming here to shoot the lights out and be a starter straight of the bat.

The reasons i see for Kean not being successful thus far and depleting factors are as follows:

Age: I think you are looking at incremental progress season on season. Look at Richarlison and DCL they are 3 years older and 3/4 seasons into their PL careers and are now only hitting 15 goal a season averages. They have incrementally improved season on season in their careers. Kean needs the time to do this and will do in my opinion.

Fitness and Athleticism: I think depleting aspects for Kean have been, its a new league i dont think his fitness or athleticism or his development thus far has equipped him for the PL. I dont see much wrong with his technique, talent, quality and natural attributes. His fitness and athleticism is something that can be changed - a full preseason will do him wonders. He signed quite late in the window and didn't have a preseason of fitness or S/C with us.

New League: Its a whole new league for him very different to Serie A.

Quality of team mates, when you say other teams will sign a 19 year old and will score loads, well yes if Kean was playing up front for City he would probably get about 10 coming of the bench due the quality of their players and the chances they create. We dont have that quality unfortunately.

Unstable environment: Hes joined a club that has changed managers mid season and all the instability that creates, in a squad that has and will see an awful lot of turnover and is the mis-mash of being kind four to five different managers.

Style of play: He strikes me as a pacy of the shoulder, direct running, dribbling center forward, even an inside forward right or left. We are so conditioned into playing a big unit up front leading the line, that i think we dont often play to his strengths or actually know how to or have or identify players of his skill set, hes different to what we have and what we are used to.

League position: We need points and we need results, but Kean needs adjustment those two things arent congruent at the moment thus his opportunities and fitting in are hampered.

I definitely feel he has the quality, but i do think what we will see is season on season incremental improvement. Hes shooting the lights out against his peers at U21 level with Italy and we know hes done it at senior elsewhere, all that bodes well.

I think the folly lies with us as a fan base in expecting to much beyond logic can deliver, the club has been massively unstable since he has been here, its not a great or stable environment to come into at the moment, but im confident in him as a player. I always look at a player and back the quality they show i see it in this lad, but it needs to be honed.

We need to be patient with him, i think he will improve next season, with stability a full preseason and us better understanding him he will improve incrementally. Hes an investment and its in our interests to develop him. I think we will.

Many back Brands on here and if this is the strategy he is going and you believe in him, you have to accept the above in my opinion. Im in two minds on Brands but i think if you have a plan you have to back it and stick with it else wise what is the point in him.

We need to control our expectations, why so much pressure on Kean and not on someone like Braitwaite or Gordon they are all still in and around the same age and development cycle but all judged very differently in terms of expectations.

Great post. Very highly rated in Italy all the way coming through and just needs time to adapt now.

For me the main issue is the midfield, not one of them can consistently create chances.

Fabinho.

Fabinho.

Should be coming on every match for 30mins now and of course in for Richarlison/DCL if theyre unavailable.

Great post. Very highly rated in Italy all the way coming through and just needs time to adapt now.

For me the main issue is the midfield, not one of them can consistently create chances.

We scored from corner last game and a good thing we did because our build up from open play was some of the worst I've seen all season. No understanding between Kean/DCL, nothing coming out of midfield with Kean regularly having to come back into our half to get a touch of the ball, and when Walcott went off we had very little coming from the wings, too.

I'm not saying Kean doesn't need to improve things but any striker will struggle for chances with this midfield so some of the criticism at him is unfair.

We scored from corner last game and a good thing we did because our build up from open play was some of the worst I've seen all season. No understanding between Kean/DCL, nothing coming out of midfield with Kean regularly having to come back into our half to get a touch of the ball, and when Walcott went off we had very little coming from the wings, too.

I'm not saying Kean doesn't need to improve things but any striker will struggle for chances with this midfield so some of the criticism at him is unfair.

Kean needs games to form an understanding with DCL and Richarlison and that takes minutes on the pitch.

Aside from Gomes and Gbamin id have no problem selling any of the midfield players over 21. Theyre ridiculously bad.

Once we get the midfield sorted we should see all of our forwards score more.

Status
Not open for further replies.