2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure he's unsuited tbh. To me he's just unsure on his role in the side, where he should be, when to press etc. Its all fixable but takes work on both sides. He needs good coaching and needs to apply himself well.

The bold bits are why I think he's unsuited - they are unique traits to the Premier League. The pace and physicality of the game.

It can work the other way of course, like how Macheda and Iheanacho looked like world-beaters when they first came on the scene then rapidly tailed off, but in general if a kid is doing well in one league and does nothing here, it's not a good sign that he'll improve to the point where we'd see the same sort of ability he'd have shown in the league he initially came into.

A different era but when we signed Sharpe,he was useless,couldn’t even head the ball in a straight line. Not all players hit the ground running. He did ok first half and obviously needs to improve his fitness. Also is lacking in confidence which is no surprise given what’s happened this season. If he was an experienced pro,then fair enough judge him on this seasons performances but he’s not so let’s give him time and then judge him. Whether we should have spent £30 million on him or a seasoned striker is a different argument. That is not his fault.

We'll see, if a club bids £20m for him and we need the money for FFP to bring in a solution, I think he'll go.

If something clicks into place and, as I say, he shows at least a glimpse that he can do something at this level in this league, we'll keep.

As if you think we'd take a loss on a 19 year old kid after a year for fair play charges that you've just made up. Whopper of a post.

We'll see, if a club bids £20m for him and we need the money for FFP to bring in a solution, I think he'll go.

If something clicks into place and, as I say, he shows at least a glimpse that he can do something at this level in this league, we'll keep.

Apparently Ancelotti wanted everyone at Napoli.

Its complete BS Imo to give the likes of Kean and DCL confidence. He may have wanted Kean but no way Napoli were seriously looking at kin Calvert Lewin especially the DCL of last season when he was up top on his own.

As if you think we'd take a loss on a 19 year old kid after a year for fair play charges that you've just made up. Whopper of a post.

I didn't make anything up - I said that if a striker became available for £60m and we can offset that by £20m by selling Kean after he hasn't shown anything to suggest he'll make the grade, then I think we'll sell.

We make a bit of a loss on a failed player - would hardly be the first time in the history of football that had happened.

I'm not writing him off; I'm just saying the window of opportunity for him is closing here and he needs to show something quickly to justify persisting with him. This isn't a Calvert-Lewin situation, a kid brought in for £2.5m who hung around like a bad smell for a few years until he came somewhat alright; this is a £25m+ footballer and the price tag matters, you need a return on investment.

I didn't make anything up - I said that if a striker became available for £60m and we can offset that by £20m by selling Kean after he hasn't shown anything to suggest he'll make the grade, then I think we'll sell.

We make a bit of a loss on a failed player - would hardly be the first time in the history of football that had happened.

I'm not writing him off; I'm just saying the window of opportunity for him is closing here and he needs to show something quickly to justify persisting with him. This isn't a Calvert-Lewin situation, a kid brought in for £2.5m who hung around like a bad smell for a few years until he came somewhat alright; this is a £25m+ footballer and the price tag matters, you need a return on investment.

Spot on for me - I would rather a loan like but the longer we keep him the longer his value dimishes to potential suitors.

With Raoila as his agent it wont be our decision as he wont let his player lose value.

A lot depends on the player himself now, does he want to stay and fight for his place with a manager that does seem to believe in him and obviously speaks Italian as well or would he prefer to cut his losses and go back to Italy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.