2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't a rant mate, but if it suits you it was. You say you weren't knocking him, and then go on to knock him, by giving examples of other players playing in worse teams than he is banging in loads of goals. So tell me mate were we you not knocking him. lol Not a rant either, but a plea to have a bit more patience and not just you either, calm down.
But that’s not knocking him. I’m saying there are plenty of reasons why it’s ok that he hasn’t scored, but the idea that nobody could score for us isn’t one of them. The same applies to DCL and tosun too, I just happened to be replying to a post in keans thread. People seem to have got into a pretty weird habit of believing that unless you’re teed up like DCLs goal against city you can’t possibly be expected to score. I disagree, and was just saying that’s proved by the fact that worse teams than us have had regular goal scorers.

But that’s not knocking him. I’m saying there are plenty of reasons why it’s ok that he hasn’t scored, but the idea that nobody could score for us isn’t one of them. The same applies to DCL and tosun too, I just happened to be replying to a post in keans thread. People seem to have got into a pretty weird habit of believing that unless you’re teed up like DCLs goal against city you can’t possibly be expected to score. I disagree, and was just saying that’s proved by the fact that worse teams than us have had regular goal scorers.

Fair enough, but honestly think he just needs a goal to settle him.

Fair enough, but honestly think he just needs a goal to settle him.
Yeah I don’t disagree, I’ve said a few times it’s clear that he’s a very talented player, but I think he looks a bit raw right now
And not quite as developed as we maybe thought/hoped when we signed him. That’s not his fault and doesn’t make him any less of a prospect, but it means we may need to reassess what to expect of him this year.

Yeah I don’t disagree, I’ve said a few times it’s clear that he’s a very talented player, but I think he looks a bit raw right now
And not quite as developed as we maybe thought/hoped when we signed him. That’s not his fault and doesn’t make him any less of a prospect, but it means we may need to reassess what to expect of him this year.

Fair reflection one I agree with largely, May see the best of him in the new year. It has been said though he played at Juventus off another striker, wish we could try something similar, we have two relatively young strikers and this formation is not working, not for just the strikers but for the whole team.

Fair reflection one I agree with largely, May see the best of him in the new year. It has been said though he played at Juventus off another striker, wish we could try something similar, we have two relatively young strikers and this formation is not working, not for just the strikers but for the whole team.
This. Which is why I love to say that other great strikers would still struggle. It's not the striker, it's the tactical approach combined with abysmal service. You can't score if you don't get the ball in scoring situations. I can only remember 2; once he very narrowly missed a beauty just over the crossbar, and one coming in from the right that ended with a great stop from the keeper.

This. Which is why I love to say that other great strikers would still struggle. It's not the striker, it's the tactical approach combined with abysmal service. You can't score if you don't get the ball in scoring situations. I can only remember 2; once he very narrowly missed a beauty just over the crossbar, and one coming in from the right that ended with a great stop from the keeper.

I've saw him do good and bad things for us, up to now and there is define room for improvement. But the good touches outweigh the bad in my view. He is a bit more raw than I thought he'd be, but he was as Lanolin, I think said been built up pretty heavily, before he even signed, not his fault like. But I still think he needs a goal, maybe to light that blue touchpaper.

I've saw him do good and bad things for us, up to now and there is define room for improvement. But the good touches outweigh the bad in my view. He is a bit more raw than I thought he'd be, but he was as Lanolin, I think said been built up pretty heavily, before he even signed, not his fault like. But I still think he needs a goal, maybe to light that blue touchpaper.
Can't disagree, I'm just (obviously) really pulling for him

I’ve got it from a good source* that he completely hates the club and is looking to go to Germany on loan in January.

*may just be rehashing Lookman news.

I disagree, and was just saying that’s proved by the fact that worse teams than us have had regular goal scorers.
And yet those worse teams (on paper) create better chances at a higher frequency mainly because they have a clear system, expecting strikers to score from virtually zero service is madness

The team is clearly playing with little confidence, I'll be frank I don't think Sigurdsson is offering him much behind him. Richarlinson has started a little slowly and the partnership on the left isn't working. I would say with young players, if things aren't as well set up for them their form will tend to suffer a bit more.

I think playing him alongside Calvert Lewincould be a sensible move at this stage.

The team is clearly playing with little confidence, I'll be frank I don't think Sigurdsson is offering him much behind him. Richarlinson has started a little slowly and the partnership on the left isn't working. I would say with young players, if things aren't as well set up for them their form will tend to suffer a bit more.

I think playing him alongside Calvert Lewincould be a sensible move at this stage.
The issue then becomes Sigurdsson and Richarlison, as it's only really Bernard and Iwobi that appear to be suited to playing as orthodox wingers in a 4-4-2. I'm not saying that I'd be against it, but this manager has shown no sign of being willing to make those kinds of tough decisions.

To me, the answer could be a back three/five, with Delph sitting and the rest being given licence to interchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.