2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s why I said “my personal point of view” this is all based on posts and activity. It’s like data analytics predictions and yes I’m a data guy and I do deal with a lots of social media.
But it's not evidence is it. You were starting points like they were facts when in fact that's exactly what they are not. It's like talking to Davek this. I'm all for opinion & debate but in your original post you said you wanted fate to decide. Fate !! A man who just said they are a data guy is using fate to determine the man.

I still think he is better than what he has shown. I believe it will come out and he will go on to be a good striker though I am not sure it will be with us.

If he is staying then he needs more game time. If I was getting 20 minutes here and there I would want to go elsewhere

Not rattled - merely disagreeing with a viewpoint and explaining why. It's one of the reasons to have a forum isn't it?

What do we do if Simms doesn't perform to PL standards in this coming season? He is one year younger than Kean so I'm assuming we give him the one season and then form the human chain again?

My issue is people claiming he's a busted flush whose attitude must stink because a 19 year old hasn't come to England and played well. It's an odd stance if you look at the history of football - not many 19 year olds do manage that.

Swing and a miss there. Young players can develop and become better without the club being dependent on them to win stuff in the present. Pretty sure there are teams who have won stuff with 19/20 year olds playing bit-parts or out on loan and then contributing more in the future.

I thnk Beckham was out on loan at Preston when he was 19/20 having played a handful of senior games for Man Utd before that. By your logic those who were thinking Beckham might improve at that age and should be kept on were saying they didn't want success now. Not sure that was true.

I welcome your opinion.. however unlike simms, calvert lewin, holgate.. beckham?, kean was brought in for almost 30 million quid and i do not believe for one second he was brought as a "prospect" that may or may not make it. He was brought in to hit the ground running and improve us. Has the done that so far? If we brought a forward in for ten million, on a one year deal and he wasnt producing, getting subbed as a sub and generally not looking that promising.. we would all be questioning with they were brought in and would be wanting them out the club asap - eg. niasse.

Id love him to be a success as it would mean as an entire team we would have more success. For all we know these statements from carlo could be to force the hand of a prospective buyer or he could well feature more this season.. we simply do not know. But one thing is for certain he wasnt brought in to play bit parts and cameos - so for that to be the case so far suggests hes not trusted to do a job at this point in his career.

I have a vague memory of someone posting Pirlo quotes when we first signed him saying how good Kean was so I guess its not that much of a surprise that he maybe wants to bring him back.

I welcome your opinion.. however unlike simms, calvert lewin, holgate.. beckham?, kean was brought in for almost 30 million quid and i do not believe for one second he was brought as a "prospect" that may or may not make it. He was brought in to hit the ground running and improve us. Has the done that so far? If we brought a forward in for ten million, on a one year deal and he wasnt producing, getting subbed as a sub and generally not looking that promising.. we would all be questioning with they were brought in and would be wanting them out the club asap - eg. niasse.

Id love him to be a success as it would mean as an entire team we would have more success. For all we know these statements from carlo could be to force the hand of a prospective buyer or he could well feature more this season.. we simply do not know. But one thing is for certain he wasnt brought in to play bit parts and cameos - so for that to be the case so far suggests hes not trusted to do a job at this point in his career.

How old were Shearer or Kane when they banged in the goals?

I think its harsh to judge a 19-20 year old new foreign signing behind 2 in form centre forwards who never got injured.

Also with no creativity aside from a left back in the team.

After this season we'll know but we shouldnt sell or loan now. That would be short sighted.

I still think he is better than what he has shown. I believe it will come out and he will go on to be a good striker though I am not sure it will be with us.

If he is staying then he needs more game time. If I was getting 20 minutes here and there I would want to go elsewhere
Take your chances or fade away...
Some of you thinking the young Italian isnt excited to play for one of the great Italian managers this season lol
It's Ancelotti appointment that's changed my mind as I really thought he would shine too once we came out of lockdown. A fellow compatriot in charge, a very revered one at that, been in charge 7 months at the time, but he looked bad as ever. Same with the friendly and internationals...

I think its harsh to judge a 19-20 year old new foreign signing behind 2 in form centre forwards who never got injured.

After this season we'll know but we shouldnt sell or loan now. That would be short sighted.
Yep agree with this. Let's see what he does this season
But if Carlo dosnt want him here I'd say sell rather than loan

Take your chances or fade away...

It's Ancelotti appointment that's changed my mind as I really thought he would shine too once we came out of lockdown. A fellow compatriot in charge, a very revered one at that, been in charge 7 months at the time, but he looked bad as ever. Same with the friendly and internationals...
bad as ever? He was probably the only positive thing against Bournemouth and we left him alone with no help.
He's not been amazing but he's not been absolute crap as he, He's shown signs of something.

Shearer was 17 when he scored a hat trick on his debut. I was at that match

Were they full internationals, touted as the next big thing or bought for 30mil at 19? At no point have I said ship him out but its not unjust to expect more of a contribution, there must be a reason he hasnt been given more of an opportunity. IF he was showing the right attitude/supposed talent in training he would be getting more starts and more than 10 minute cameos regardless of the form of other players. Been periods dcl has been terrible and games weve been behind or looking for a winner yet iwobi, bernard and co have remained on the pitch for 85 minutes before keans been given a run out.

Id love kean to be given the start on sunday, give his best performance yet and lay claim to the position moving forwards. But I dont see him cutting it at Everton.

Last edited:

I agree with the principle of what you're saying, and I'd love Kean to stay and bloom into a top class player for us. But comparisons like Beckham don't work. We can't afford for Kean to have another season like last year, if he's staying then he simply must improve massively on his previous showings. We haven't got the budget to go and get another striker alongside him, so if he's here we need him to properly contribute or we just won't get anywhere. It's not a case of writing off his entire career, it's a case of wondering whether he can justify his price tag and wages while he's with us. I saw someone yesterday saying they'd be happy with 5 goals from him this season. That's crazy. If we were talking about Ellis Simms or whoever then of course they can have all the time in the world to improve because they're costing us next to nothing, but for the sort of outlay we've made on Kean we need a return.

Entirely reasonable.

My problem is those who assume that if it's not working then it's most likely his attitude, lifestyle and poor entourage choices and seem to revel in apportioning blame based on sensationalised clickbait these stereotypical young footballer prejudices when they have as little actual clue as the rest of us.

There could be any number of problems and potentially issues he has no control over.

Incidentally, Kean is reportedly nowhere near the top earners at the club according to several reports - probably the lowest paid of the established senior strikers (since DCL's new contract), somewhere around the middle rung of earners in the overall established first team players and absolutely nothing out of the ordinary in mid-table PL football. I don't think his wages are those that are being looked at with concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.