2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at the point of the season where we should be in full-on planning mode for next season. We only learn more about the lad if he starts 3 or 4 of the last 5 games.

I expect he'll start either on Thursday or Sunday given the tight turnarounds, but he needs multiple starts. A one off game won't tell us a huge amount, but 4 x 90 minutes could.

Our entire midfield is dross.
We could have Messi Ronaldo and Aguero up front but they'd still struggle with the absolute tosh we've got swanning around in the middle of the park
There were plenty of times against spurs that if DCL was Messi, he’d have turned and ran at the defender. Too interested in looking for the easy option. The midfield is the weakest but the ball does get to the front two in decent areas. Rico seems to draw a foul and DCL seems to take zero risks with his decision on the ball. I’d like to see him try and commit players which I’m fairly sure the aforementioned three players would. On the Kean thread though and at least he does try and be positive when he gets on the ball. I’d give him a go. Doesn’t seem to be a huge amount of trust however from Carlo yet.

I'd rest ( not drop ) DCL on Thursday and start Kean up top with Richarlison.

We have to find out before the end of the season if he can play in this league.

If not move him on and bring in Carlo's players

I'd rest ( not drop ) DCL on Thursday and start Kean up top with Richarlison.

We have to find out before the end of the season if he can play in this league.

If not move him on and bring in Carlo's players

If DCL needs a rest it makes sense. If not there must be a case for moving Richarlinson to the right and starting with Kean up top?

We are at the point of the season where we should be in full-on planning mode for next season. We only learn more about the lad if he starts 3 or 4 of the last 5 games.

I expect he'll start either on Thursday or Sunday given the tight turnarounds, but he needs multiple starts. A one off game won't tell us a huge amount, but 4 x 90 minutes could.
I don't know why this is so hard for people to wrap their heads around but it is absolutely correct. And it was correct last season too when we elected not to do it.

id be playing Kean on the right with Coleman behind and showing him videos of Kanchelskis.

Tell him when he gets the ball just to push it forward and charge at goal.

Might as well show Sigurdsson videos of Messi. Not going to make a difference. Completely different players.

Status
Not open for further replies.