2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha. I for one care.

He's employed to get shots on target.

We won yesterday, and he got a *ahem* "touch" on for the winner, but this lad is a goal scorer (apparently) and his stats are terrible.

Needs to improve by 100% or he should be sold on in the summer.

'kin ell, I'd rather have a 38 year old Glenn Murray. He at least can find the net.
You’re being a bit more obvious in this thread than others, Dave.

Imagine comparing Glen Murray whose first clubs were Workington Reds and Wilmington Hammerheads to Kean who is an Italian international with Juventus and Everton as his first clubs

Imagine comparing Glen Murray whose first clubs were Workington Reds and Wilmington Hammerheads to Kean who is an Italian international with Juventus and Everton as his first clubs
1 goal every 3.5 PL games though. Does it matter whre he started? All credit to him.

1 goal every 3.5 PL games though. Does it matter whre he started? All credit to him.

Of course it does. You are comparing a 38 year old who started his career in some poxy US league with a 19 year old who is finding his feet at the very highest level and probably the toughest league in the world.

Of course it does. You are comparing a 38 year old who started his career in some poxy US league with a 19 year old who is finding his feet at the very highest level and probably the toughest league in the world.
I dont get it. How is it not possible to compare two footballers? One is 20 in 3 weeks time, the other is 38. So what? They both do the same job. Why should highlighting that a bang average striker like Murray is way out perfroming a player who's been at top clubs?

I say again: I dont get it.

I dont get it. How is it not possible to compare two footballers? One is 20 in 3 weeks time, the other is 38. So what? They both do the same job. Why should highlighting that a bang average striker like Murray is way out perfroming a player who's been at top clubs?

Because one is a seasoned pro at 38 and the other is a kid who has come from Italy to play in team that has changed it's manager. Do you understand that a footballer isn't going to be the same player at 19 than what he will be when he's older and that he will develop? Bit like Holgate is doing now. Did you think Kean was going to be the finished article when we signed him?

One would assume a 19 year old will improve though Dave. As we have seen with Calvert Lewin and Holgate (and to a degree Richarlinson).

Because one is a seasoned pro at 38 and the other is a kid who has come from Italy to play in team that has changed it's manager. Do you understand that a footballer isn't going to be the same player at 19 than what he will be when he's older and that he will develop? Bit like Holgate is doing now. Did you think Kean was going to be the finished article when we signed him?
20, a kid.

FFS.

Rooney was 15 and ready to play. 20 is plenty old enough. He has three seasons behind him now. Why are we making excuses for a £30M player with experience of top flight football? .

I wouldn't assume that at all.

He looks chronic to me. No composure, no end product. No idea where to be in the box.

But you'd agree that in general, it's rare for 19 year olds (particularly ones in their first season in another country) are rarely the finished article?

There are certainly aspects of him game that are questionable, however even yesterday he seemed to know exactly where to be in the box.

But you'd agree that in general, it's rare for 19 year olds (particularly ones in their first season in another country) are rarely the finished article?

There are certainly aspects of him game that are questionable, however even yesterday he seemed to know exactly where to be in the box.
I'm not looking for the finished article mate. I'm looking for satisfactory, which isn't unreasonable to expect.

This feller is way short of even that.

The two things I'd note from yesterday. 1 is his desire to get into the box. He sprints probably 70 yards in the final minute of the game to put himself into a prime position. It's a poor finish, however if he takes a touch he gets a penalty as there is a shove in his back.

The 2nd thing, is watch him once the ball goes to Walcott, he bounces up and gets himself ahead of the other defenders for any rebound. I don't think you can teach instincts like that. Having missed a sitter, in a split second his first thought is to get himself into position again if anything bounces off. The closest I've seen to having that was Lukaku (but I don't even think it was as natural for Lukaku).

Now I am not for one minute saying he has the all round game of Lukaku, but it's just an observation. He really wants to score.

Yesterday he got really lucky. A poor finish (in part due to a push in his back) with his weaker foot led to an assist. I am a believer in general though, that you make your own luck. His attitude and application seem much better now, and it's amazing when thats the case, that certain things just roll for you.

Compare it to Leicester. If he is a yard further back he probably scores the goal of the season. It may well end up being the winning goal against title chasing Leicester. He is probably 6 inches way from this. It's just bad luck. You can do little more. Today he and the team got a little bit of good fortune. I'm not going to bemoan that.

There are lots of his all-round game that are very raw still. His touch can be hit and miss (though improves markedly once he scores) and his back to goal play isn't particularly hot. However his instinct to score is clearly there.

I felt this the moment I saw him against Watford the first time, he had a manner of doing things that is outstanding. He does complicated things (like turning and shooting in one motion, knowing where the goal is etc) very naturally, in a way that is indicative of a higher quality of player. He's the most naturally gifted striker I've seen since Lukaku and may well have areas in terms of his movement that is better than Lukaku. I hope Ancelotti can bring those out.

Status
Not open for further replies.