2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be perfectly prepared to cut him some slack given his need to adjust to a new country, new league, new teammates and not speaking the language whilst leaving behind his support network.

But that's just me, your mileage may vary.
I haven’t criticised him once. I’ve simply said the lad needs to get off the mark... and pretty soon.

No but talk of pressure/or needs to score soon is early at a stage like this, I mean he's started two games...

I agree, though I've not seen anyone placing that pressure on him here, like. Think even your most hypercritical blues would say it's early days for him yet. Just one of them things that doesn't really need saying right now.

Check my regular posts over time offering support to those in the depression thread, lad. Should put that statement to bed.

Pleb.
Like this one, where you basically say that people choose to be diagnosed with depression because they can't be bothered trying to sort their life out like you do? 'Offering support'? I hope you're not a counsellor.
Appreciate the comments. However, I’d argue at the time I didn’t see any way of “fixing” my problems either. If we use weight as one example, you feel anxious about your appearance, being judged by others, photographs, seeing people you know. It doesn’t take “insight” to realise that there is a linkage between weight and those anxieties. The pragmatism to see light at the end of the tunnel and put those thoughts into practice is a different matter altogether, of course.

In my experience, I’ve known many people diagnosed with various types of depression and most, if not all, are well aware of their problems and what causes them. Some appeared not to have the courage (and I say that with trepidation as it takes a great deal of courage to put your hand up and say "I need a hand" too!) or even just the energy / enthusiasm / will to confront those problems and attempt to overcome them. The oversimplification, which I try to avoid, is that if you feel naff about how you look, you can get to the gym and work hard and stop eating crap, or you can claim an illness is the cause (absolving personal responsibility) and take some pills that will get you from A to B for a while.

This is interesting, my understanding is that's the medical industry differentiates between clinical depression and situational depression and it's the diagnosis and prognosis of the latter I'm focusing on more I guess (without downplaying the significance of the other). I appreciate there's varying theories as with anything, but my understanding is that those with clinical depression are either genetically predisposed to suffer or experience a sudden bout due to irregular hormonal changes in the body during puberty / adolescence / menopause. Long term substance abusers naturally suffer too, due to the sustained chemical impact on the brain (which is why I've somewhat less sympathy for my mate I mentioned earlier - he doesn't help himself)

Situational depression is, as it sounds, prompted often by a life event or sudden shock. Again, i'll use weight as that was what affected me. Let's say a perfectly healthy person has a fall and breaks both legs, can't walk for 6 months and gains 5 stone. They'd suffer many of the symptoms I did (Anxiety, Irritability, Agoraphobia, Fatigue, Low Self-Esteem) and could very easily be diagnosed if they so wish.

Really interesting, thanks. I'll look into this.
I think Moise Kean is a highly promising young player, but I agree with the posters saying he won't be given a long time to prove himself. 19 is young, but £30m is quite a lot of money, so there's a middle ground between thinking he's the answer to all our prayers and thinking he gets a free pass.

Like this one, where you basically say that people choose to be diagnosed with depression because they can't be bothered trying to sort their life out like you do? 'Offering support'? I hope you're not a counsellor.

'You basically say....' :dodgy:. If you'd read the previous and follow up posts, you'd realise that's not what I said at all.

It was a conversation around diagnosis and plenty of people shared. You'll also notice that I apologised to anyone who might have been offended by what I said and ended the discussion. I've also made countless other posts in that thread giving support to others.

But again, this is a discussion for a different thread, if you've got an issue with something i've said or the manner in which i've said it and want to take it up with me over PM or in a more appropriate thread, more than happy to have that conversation. Happy to be accountable.

If he starts scoring for fun, will that be definitive proof that I’m wrong? That Juve truly wanted to keep him and he only ever wanted to join Everton?

I'll take a page out of your book, don't put words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say "he only ever wanted to join Everton." Maybe you should read more closely next time before commenting.

I'll take a page out of your book, don't put words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say "he only ever wanted to join Everton." Maybe you should read more closely next time before commenting.

No that's what I said, not you. I said that Juve didn't truly want to keep him and he was keeping his options open. So I'm certainly not putting words in your mouth, I just asked you if 'Kean scoring for fun' would be proof that i'm wrong.

Obviously, if i'm wrong, the opposite of what I said would be that 'Juve truly wanted to keep him and he only ever wanted to join Everton'

The reason I ask if Kean scoring would make me wrong is because, in all seriousness, I haven't slated Kean's performance or his ability once. Quite the contrary, I've stated I think he'll go on to be a very good signing and patience needs to be given.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Keiran this obsession you seem to have developed with Kean is a bit weird, you do know that don`t you ?

Care to elaborate? What makes you think i'm obsessed? And what aspect makes it weird?

I'd say I'm no more 'obsessed' with Kean than other posters. I don't believe i've said anything particularly radical or controversial, but naturally dramatic people will find what they want to find. On the other side of the coin, 'obsessed' people also downplay their own obsessions.

I'm oh so conflicted.

Not half as weird as @Tel001 setting an alert on DCL so he can make sure everybody on every thread knows he doesn't like him.

I didn't know you could do that....

Status
Not open for further replies.