Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ha Ha Ha.

A local paper's EFC correspondent calling Everton fans "snide" for criticising the paper he works for.

There is no way in this world that hack would have made that jibe at the Kopites. No way at all.
You only need to look at the favourable coverage that shower get, alongside the % of coverage to ourselves, and you've got your answer in black and white.

I doubt they'll know anything about our signings until they're confirmed by the club and sent the photos by the media team.

Why wasn't there a 'yer Ma' response in there? Being 'local' I'm sure th'echo would have acknowledged the comradeship ;)

You only need to look at the favourable coverage that shower get, alongside the % of coverage to ourselves, and you've got your answer in black and white.

I doubt they'll know anything about our signings until they're confirmed by the club and sent the photos by the media team.
Those "reporters" at that paper work on the following premise:

Everton fans - you can have a go at them. They wont take it to another level.
Liverpool fans - do NOT under any circumstances disrespect them or offer criticism however minor, because that will get you sacked and probably battered.

No one could persuade me that they dont have that mental calculation going on.

Those "reporters" at that paper work on the following premise:

Everton fans - you can have a go at them. They wont take it to another level.
Liverpool fans - do NOT under any circumstances disrespect them or offer criticism however minor, because that will get you sacked and probably battered.

No one could persuade me that they dont have that mental calculation going on.

...i’m sure that’s the case. I remember Dave Prentice at an Editorial meeting asking why they use terms like ‘Rafael’, Carra’ and ‘Stevie G’ when reporting on the Reds, yet refer to Everton’s as Moyes, Cahill, Arteta etc.

I suppose the bottom line is the Reds are a global commodity and the Echo wants to capture as many visitors as possible by being favourable towards them. The only true way of arresting this is by becoming the no1 team in the City, that should be the objective and if that is achieved the rest will look after itself.

Back on the Moise Kean subject, a few have pointed out he could be a bit of a bad lad (looking at his Social media accounts). I don’t mind that so much, many youngsters need a nasty streak to come through and play without fear. As long as he is a good professional and delivers.

...i’m sure that’s the case. I remember Dave Prentice at an Editorial meeting asking why they use terms like ‘Rafael’, Carra’ and ‘Stevie G’ when reporting on the Reds, yet refer to Everton’s as Moyes, Cahill, Arteta etc.

I suppose the bottom line is the Reds are a global commodity and the Echo wants to capture as many visitors as possible by being favourable towards them. The only true way of arresting this is by becoming the no1 team in the City, that should be the objective and if that is achieved the rest will look after itself.

Back on the Moise Kean subject, a few have pointed out he could be a bit of a bad lad (looking at his Social media accounts). I don’t mind that so much, many youngsters need a nasty streak to come through and play without fear. As long as he is a good professional and delivers.
I think it goes much deeper than a global/parochial distinction.

They've learned over time that Everton supporters have a sense of proportion (which, btw, they've abused by asking zero pressing questions concerning the governance of EFC over the past decade and a half) and that Liverpool supporters (or certainly an element of them) will seize on any criticism at all and demand heads roll or launch a campaign of vilification and threats against individuals.

Basically: the Echo hacks are a bunch of turds who choose their target.

I think it goes much deeper than a global/parochial distinction.

They've learned over time that Everton supporters have a sense of proportion (which, btw, they've abused by asking zero pressing questions concerning the governance of EFC over the past decade and a half) and that Liverpool supporters (or certainly an element of them) will seize on any criticism at all and demand heads roll or launch a campaign of vilification and threats against individuals.

Basically: the Echo hacks are a bunch of turds who choose their target.

...ah, ok. The best we can do, then, is be good again and give them the cold shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.