Match Thread Millwall v Everton, FA Cup 4th round, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Millwall - Behind Enemy Lines

Been taking an interest in your Forum since the 4th Round draw was made. As usual with all Prem teams most of you just assumed you would turn up and roll over us. Slagging us off as a football club and our fans who according to you are all all talk and no do.

Well how did that work out for you today?

Frankly, to tell you what you probably already know - that was genuinely the easiest game we have had all season. Lookman, Tosun when he came on and Coleman who is honest as the day is long apart - your premier league poseurs have no heart, no fight, and no pride whatsoever in your club badge - they don't care about Everton FC and they dont give a toss about you the fans. £50M players? My god - our entire team cost anout £1.8M in total and I think we overpaid! How can you relate to those charlatans? How can you feel that these totally disconnected mercenaries really represent you and your proud community? Absolutely shameful and even though you may hate us and look down on us - our beloved Millwall are everything we want them to be - the football club, the players who represent our football club and our fiercely loyal and proud fans on the pitch, and our fans. We are real people with a real traditional football club which remains completely in sync and as one with our fans (they know they have to represent us on the pitch and what we expect and demand of them or we get em out very quickly) - and what we are is enough for us and we wouldn't change a thing. We are happy with our club, our manager, our style of play, our passion, our uniqueness, our fans and the honest effort and heart our players put into their game - and we can relate to them coz they are an extension of us. And we are happy we are through to the 5th Round of the FA Cup with the easiest win we have had all season. Your players just take your money and give you nothing back - they don't care about Everton FC.

We knew we would beat you today coz you have not fight and no heart. Must be honest we are a little disappointed as we wanted to come visit you in numbers to say hi for the replay and knock you out in your own manor :) c'est la vie! (or should I say que sera sera!)

I hope the few fans of yours that travelled get back safely. See you again sometime. Millwall K2K bush, bush, bush x

Kicking off down there loads of videos and photos doing the round and one of our fans has a huge gash down his face?

Have they failed though? Seen vid/pics n looks like someones been slashed. Stupid idiots
Back in the day (1986) I was having a post Spurs game bevy in a pub on Walton Rd and I look outside to see my great mate, Phil O’Toole, getting slashed (Stanley knives). Of course the pub emptied and we destroyed the attackers. The Echo called it ‘the Walton Rd massacre’.
Great memories.
The irony was that Phil, who was a light heavyweight ABA champion, lived in Pansy St, L4..anybody less like a pansy you couldn’t imagine!!
Writing this message has made me motivated to getting in touch with him again. A very dangerous person to get on the wrong side of...but a great mate.

The club is dying. There are only two evertonians in my sons class, and that’s in a Liverpool school.
In the end if there is no excitement ever, why bother.

There is an uncomfortably true ring to this.

My nephew came out as red last season when he turned 6. Took him to a few home games before then, they were all unremittingly grim and he was bored stiff. As was everyone else.

Why would you invest emotionally in that as a kid? What do blue kids ever have to crow about on Monday mornings?

With nothing to be proud of it's no surprise they seem something of a dying breed.

Once Leeds go up they'll be about our level next season. Plus we're already dropping away from teams like Watford and Wolves. West Ham only need a little more investment and they'll be miles ahead of us too. Looks more and more like we'll start settling into a 10th-15th place team alongside the likes of Leicester, Palace, Bournemouth.
at present we are 17th best in the prem

this result just compounds this.

horrifying

There is an uncomfortably true ring to this.

My nephew came out as red last season when he turned 6. Took him to a few home games before then, they were all unremittingly grim and he was bored stiff. As was everyone else.

Why would you invest emotionally in that as a kid? What do blue kids ever have to crow about on Monday mornings?

With nothing to be proud of it's no surprise they seem something of a dying breed.

I have taken my son to games but we have lost most of them. Football is supposed to be a release, entertainment.
I’m stuck supporting them, but my son doesn’t have to.
I think we will start to see attendances falling away now.
I don’t know if there is a fix, there just seems to be the smell of death around the place.
The next generation of fans will be greatly diminished.

Anyone who thinks zonal marking is the way forward needs institutionalising.

Zonal marking is a simple concept as long as you have players with half a brain.
Clearly that isn't the case here.

FA cup away tie against lower league opposition, dodgy pitch, awful weather and a noisy home crowd.
You HAVE to be up for it and match the opposition for desire - Milwall who got stuck in with some tasty challenges inc. a couple on Richarlison (that should have been yellows btw).
Gutless.

I did the same last year mate.

Sale Sharks are going well this year too.

I might go with the Bristol Bears as I have friends in the city. At least the six nations is on next weekend as well so there’s some sport to be enjoyed.

The other option is to just jump on the bandwagon of one of those storied American franchises that wins all the time- the Patriots perhaps. Might as well follow a team that wins for a change :D

Status
Not open for further replies.