Middlesbrough v Everton. Boxing Day.3pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given our form is good, and that we'll take some confidence from the Chelsea game, in addition to us being pretty good away from home, I reckon a 2-0 victory will be the order of the day.

I would love to see Saha back in action, but I think we'll do Boro regardless of the striker situation. We've got everything to fight for this season. Boro, on the other hand, know damned well that they'll finish somewhere in the middle of the league.

This is the perfect boxing day game.

And just 6 days after that, we're signing quick as lightning winger, Jermaine Pennant!

It's gonna be a great new year, boys. ;)

Given our form is good, and that we'll take some confidence from the Chelsea game, in addition to us being pretty good away from home, I reckon a 2-0 victory will be the order of the day.

I would love to see Saha back in action, but I think we'll do Boro regardless of the striker situation. We've got everything to fight for this season. Boro, on the other hand, know damned well that they'll finish somewhere in the middle of the league.

This is the perfect boxing day game.

And just 6 days after that, we're signing quick as lightning winger, Jermaine Pennant!

It's gonna be a great new year, boys. ;)

Run and hide Neb, run and hide.:D

can't see us losing this with the way the team has been playing. moyes will probably start saha in front of ossie or peanuts . would love to see avm get a start, i just think he has a lot to offer that we have yet to see

anyways away win for sure

can't see us losing this with the way the team has been playing. moyes will probably start saha in front of ossie or peanuts . would love to see avm get a start, i just think he has a lot to offer that we have yet to see

anyways away win for sure

He shouldn't start. Not because he lacks in quality or doesn't deserve it, he just can't last that long.

I was really hoping we would see him for the last 20 minutes or so of the Chelsea match, coming on for Hibbert and putting Neville back to right back :(

I think VDM could get the crowd to their feet, we dont have many players who can run at defenders like a proper winger and I think VDM has that in the bag. It'd be nice to see him have a decent go, maybe 60mins in? We've got a year left in him, lets see what hes made of.

Team:

-------------------Howard-----------------

Neville-----Jagielka-----Lescott-----Baines

------------Rodwell-----Arteta------------

Osman------------Fellaini-----------Pienaar

---------------------Cahill-------------------

Prediction:

0-0 draw...

Last edited:
Team:

-------------------Howard-----------------

Neville-----Jagielka-----Lescott-----Baines

------------Rodwell-----Arteta------------

Osman------------Fellaini-----------Pienaar

---------------------Cahill-------------------

Prediction:

0-0 draw...

I think Rodwell will get lost if he plays on Friday. He was improving alot when he was playing regularly at the start of the season, but its been months since he's even been brought on as a sub. I'm sure it was the Arsenal away game that was his last match.

He's put Neville in there and Hibbertle at RB if push comes to shove.

I think Rodwell will get lost if he plays on Friday. He was improving alot when he was playing regularly at the start of the season, but its been months since he's even been brought on as a sub. I'm sure it was the Arsenal away game that was his last match.

He's put Neville in there and Hibbertle at RB if push comes to shove.

Look at how small that team would be though, especially when it comes to set pieces. Hibbert, Osman, Neville, Baines, Arteta, Pienaar etc.

I think Moyes will try and add some height to the side to make up for our lack of presence. Moyes cares about these things and Boro are quite a tall side.

Jagielka, Lescott, Cahill, Fellaini will more than cover us for height. I cant see Moyes dropping either Neville or Hibbert, the only change will be Yobo/Baines and if any of the strikers are fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.