Transfer Rumour Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't. It was announced a few weeks ago that we wouldn't be spending a penny this window unless we make money from sales.

It's not about making money. It's about clearing the wage bill.

We can pay fees fine. It's the 100k that players want per-week to then sit on our bench.

We need to clear the dross off our wage bill. It's not a case of having no money. We just can't feasibly keep stockpiling players.

We need to improve though. I do get it, but normally the way it works with big clubs is that you buy the better replacements then ship out the dross.

Selling to buy isn't the sign of a team on the up, for me.

We need to improve though. I do get it, but normally the way it works with big clubs is that you buy the better replacements then ship out the dross.

Selling to buy isn't the sign of a team on the up, for me.

You can't always do that in the middle of the season, for one.

And, due to FFP, we can't actually do it anyway. We have to get rid of players off the wage bill. It's not the fees, it's the wages that are the biggest issue.

The rs did well selling Coutinho. Were they sell to buy? Spurs with Bale.

In those situations they had the biggest clubs in the world hounding them over their best player.

If we had one of them two going all out for one of our players, namely Pickford, I'd be made up! If we are getting hundreds of millions for a player than so be it.

Anyway I am off to the match now!

In those situations they had the biggest clubs in the world hounding them over their best player.

If we had one of them two going all out for one of our players, namely Pickford, I'd be made up! If we are getting hundreds of millions for a player than so be it.

Were as we sell to United, literally THE biggest club in world football.

So sell to buy is ok as long as it's to the biggest clubs in the world?

We need to clear the dross off our wage bill. It's not a case of having no money. We just can't feasibly keep stockpiling players.

Spot on.
Also, there are caps to size of squad, and limits to players on loan etc. Old signings not playing need to go:

- using resources ( playing, coaching, physio and wages
- reducing squad and team value ( reduced meaningful competition for places)
- slowing progress: taking up places of fresh blood coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.