2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ what is wrong with you people

Why on earth have you all got the daggers out for this lad all of a sudden?

Came in to a new club, first 10 games played i dont think he has played 2 consecutive games with the same formation, a different right back every gaem and pretty much a different central defensive partner every game (and most of the time that is walking time bomb Ashley Williams).

But hey, he hasnt kept us clean sheets all by himself so its time to announce him as turbo gash

Stick someone like Ben Gibson next to him net season and you would see a massive difference

We should have bought their whole defensive line. They're tough and no-nonsense.

I think what you mean to say is we should have got Sean Dyche in as manager. An incredibly well organised and disciplined system, which includes putting a flat midfield directly in front of the defence whenever you don't have the ball can make average centre halves and an overall average team much more than the sum of their parts. How well do you think that defence would do personnel wise at say Arsenal or the RS?

as others has said he's looked scared, I mean he hasn't had a regular defence to play with, the rest of the defence is mainly shocking anyway, does need to improve though, on the ball he is horrific, never seen so many hit balls into the wings!

will become good once he gets settled though

I think what you mean to say is we should have got Sean Dyche in as manager. An incredibly well organised and disciplined system, which includes putting a flat midfield directly in front of the defence whenever you don't have the ball can make average centre halves and an overall average team much more than the sum of their parts. How well do you think that defence would do personnel wise at say Arsenal or the RS?
I don't know.
Sean Dyche might be good for Everton.

If he's going to play in a back 3, it needs to be in the middle of it. Holgate for us is perfect on the right of a back 3, Keane should be central. Our problem at Everton (well, one of a number of them) is that we don't have a left-sided centre back to make the system work and we don't currently have fit wing backs with any real pace who can get up and down the line to give you the width you need in that system

When we signed Keane I thought it would be a tremendous signing as he was brilliant for Burnley, but then you look at the centre backs they have now - the likes of Ben Mee, and they also look excellent in that really well-marshalled system they play

I'm concerned about Keane - we don't have the right partner for him in any system we play and he has been really quite poor overall

If he's going to play in a back 3, it needs to be in the middle of it. Holgate for us is perfect on the right of a back 3, Keane should be central. Our problem at Everton (well, one of a number of them) is that we don't have a left-sided centre back to make the system work and we don't currently have fit wing backs with any real pace who can get up and down the line to give you the width you need in that system

When we signed Keane I thought it would be a tremendous signing as he was brilliant for Burnley, but then you look at the centre backs they have now - the likes of Ben Mee, and they also look excellent in that really well-marshalled system they play

I'm concerned about Keane - we don't have the right partner for him in any system we play and he has been really quite poor overall

Be alright in a back 3 when Funes Mori returns.

Hasn’t had a single good game since he got here. Burnley must have pissed themselves all the way to the bank. Why on earth did we pay £30m for such an average player in the last year of his contract?

Too slow, doesn’t command the defence at all and can’t pass. Not good enough.

Imagine the state of our defence if we didn't sign him m8. He's quite literally the only available defender we have who is fit for Premier League football.

Bingo.

It doesn't help like, but the lads overall game from distribution to defending is extremely poor.

'But but but we beat united to him lads'

It isn't though.

His distribution is good and he can bring the ball out of defence far better than someone like John Stones for example. For every 10 attempts Stones gives it away about 3/4 times to Keane's 1.

Keane is also a far better defender than Stones. He has suffered from a lack of confidence which has coincided with a poor run of results and performances from the team in general.

He strikes me as someone who will go on to be a very capable defender in this league, probably to the standard of a Phil Jagielka. Which I would take all day long at the moment.

At this moment in time, I would agree that he doesn't look like he has the attributes to be a John Terry/Rio Ferdinand/Vincent Kompany who were the very best in the league in their position but Everton aren't one of the best teams in the league which is why he is playing for us.

Has that utter wardrobe one side of him and Martina the other, I feel absolutely nothing but pity for him tbh. The entire Burnley back 4 of last season would walk into our side.

A wardrobe one side & chest of draws the other side !

We need to sign Stefan Ikea !!

Status
Not open for further replies.