2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he'd look better if 3 out of his 4 co-defenders weren't the wrong side of 32.... :coffee:

He didn't look comfortable yesterday.

Probably because he's playing with 3 lads who are over 32 with no legs.

He looked scared mate, nothing to do with the players alongside him that. Almost gifted them a goal too.

...I think he's uncomfortable and nervous playing right side of a back 3. He's an aerially dominant conventional CB who is totally exposed on the right because he's not the most mobile. You only have to watch the first half against Stoke where DCL played ahead of him and Pieters kept getting in behind. We switched to a flat back four in the 2nd half and he was fine.

It's the reason why RK normally plays Holgate ahead of him. On Sunday Martina offered more going forward but not the protection Holgate affords.

Keane should be played in his strongest position but he's not alone in being a square peg in a round hole.

Its got nothing to do with the players beside him, its the players in front of him that are the problem.

Most of Keane's woes the past few games have been due to poor passes or losing possession. You can see what happens, he gets the ball, looks up, sees zero movement in front of him so tries to keep the ball until an option opens up (it wont..) or he will try to force a pass.

What is going on (or not going on) further up the field is effecting the whole side.

Keane was saying last week he had learnt loads from Koeman and now he's apparently doubting himself one week later?

Are players told what to say for OS interviews as they are so cringey and clearly not true
Missed a trick with Davidson Sanchez, especially with Koemans Dutch connections. That lad is going to be the new Vidic....a Colombian Overlord.

Sounds more like Pablo Escobar than Vidic mate

Looks really scared which is never a good sign. I'm loathed to judge him considering how horrific the players are on either side of his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.