2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping last year was mainly down to a crisis of confidence coming into a mess of a team with 3 different managers, no set defensive partner and prob what seemed like a club that's suddenly lost any structure, cant be easy. Tho like i said that is hoping, and after watching him last season i cant say i'm full of confidence myself that he gonna suddenly wow us with his displays. Maybe we need to start inserting sell back clauses on some of our signings, well previous ones anyway.

This is suspect the case being a defender is a confidence game, i think a lot of our players will kick on next year with a bit consistency and confidence i suspect Keane will be one of those.

Already got stung with one English centre back last year, I'd be too scared to take the risk again. Let's just get a fancy name in from abroad for the same price as Gibson would be. Really hope we don't sign a single player from the UK any time soon.

I don't really rate any of our CB's tbh. Funes Mori was a liability but I'd say he's on a par with and just as clumsy as Williams & Keane.

Whatever we think of Keane we know he will be staying this season (why would anyone want to buy him?) so just have to hope for a miracle that something drastically changes with him. Hopefully Williams will be gone too. Jagielka has been good but his best days are way behind him now but obviously he's staying for this season. I like Holgate he's by no means the finished article still the occasional mistake in him though but I think he should be in the starting 11 now.
Troubling to think we might start the season with at least five players who nobody else would touch with a bargepole.

Every player on a team is a defender but if the team is set up badly or some players are not doing their job properly then a team is going to concede goals and the defenders at the back are going to look bad. It would seem that we will buy a centrehalf and he will compete with Jagielka, Keane and Holgate for places.

I don't really rate any of our CB's tbh. Funes Mori was a liability but I'd say he's on a par with and just as clumsy as Williams & Keane.

Whatever we think of Keane we know he will be staying this season (why would anyone want to buy him?) so just have to hope for a miracle that something drastically changes with him. Hopefully Williams will be gone too. Jagielka has been good but his best days are way behind him now but obviously he's staying for this season. I like Holgate he's by no means the finished article still the occasional mistake in him though but I think he should be in the starting 11 now.
Despite his age, Holgate is already a much better player than Keane mate.

Holgate is good for the odd mistake ( how many players aren`t ), where as when the opposing team attack Keane at pace, you just know he`s gonna get caught flat footed or square.

We saw why Man U let him go last season.

In the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.