2023/24 Michael Keane

Stroked the ball around beautifully yesterday I thought and is possibly alongside Mcneil the cleanest striker of a ball we have.
He's an enigma to me, I could safely see him in a DM role in front of a four in place of Gueye and I could equally see him as a 10 if Doucoure went off the boil. Shame his career is dogged by the occasional error as I do think he's a lot better than most give him credit for.
Striking too how Dyche put him bang in the middle of the 3 and pushed Tarks out on the left, in fact I swear he was having a go at Dyche about in the first half when you could visibly see Dyche telling him to stick with the plan.

He’s a player who I’ve always thought really wanted to do well for Everton and has affection for the club. Nice to see him play well, think he’s a very good squad player to have and suits the Dyche style of defending.
Dyche strikes me as a character-and-commitment kind of coach. If Keane passes Dyche's muster, I'll trust he earns his place on that account. I'd lay odds he earns his place in the team in the clubhouse.

Keane obviously doesn't have the skills to be a regular starter, but he's proven he can poach goals, and crucial ones at that. I'm happiest when he stays on the bench, but I'll take his desire to play for the badge over some prima donna's pretty passes.

Lump him up front for 10 minutes each game. He strikes a ball very sweetly. There is 5 or 6 goals a year in him.

genuinely genuinely think he would have been a better option than Maupay, Gray and Simms last year with the style of football we were playing, and to get him away from a starting cb slot