2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keely Kroldrup say hello...Regulars would include Bilic and later versions of Yobo
If you mean Glenn Keeley he wasn’t a bad player, in fact he was an outstanding centre half for Blackburn Rovers, in the one game ( thirty five minutes) he played for Everton blame Howard Kendall for that, he signed him on loan, he hadn’t played since the season before, Keeley told him he wasn’t match fit, Howard told him to play he’d be okay, if you saw the game 0-5 at home to Liverpool you’d have known Keeley was right and Howard was absolutely wrong.

There have been plenty worse who have passed through briefly.
Bilic and Yobo were vastly superior.
Yobo lost form towards the end , the difference being that Keane has never had it to lose.
I was never impressed with Bilic for us. Thought he was just a lazy thug.
I'm not saying Keane is akin to Labone - but he is a decent run of the mill CH- and certainly not the worst we've had in 50 years.
At the moment there's more of a case to put both Coady and Mina in that category.

If you mean Glenn Keeley he wasn’t a bad player, in fact he was an outstanding centre half for Blackburn Rovers, in the one game ( thirty five minutes) he played for Everton blame Howard Kendall for that, he signed him on loan, he hadn’t played since the season before, Keeley told him he wasn’t match fit, Howard told him to play he’d be okay, if you saw the game 0-5 at home to Liverpool you’d have known Keeley was right and Howard was absolutely wrong.
I am being harsh on him to be fair. It was a car crash though. I remember that we'd got our first VHS video and was so excited to record this game. Don't think I ever switched it on again after full time. Video is probably still in it somewhere.

I was never impressed with Bilic for us. Thought he was just a lazy thug.
I'm not saying Keane is akin to Labone - but he is a decent run of the mill CH- and certainly not the worst we've had in 50 years.
At the moment there's more of a case to put both Coady and Mina in that category.
We will have to agree to disagree on this ( I rated Bilic though, it’s all subjective in the absence of real success to judge them by)
I will say in closing though that if Keane is good enough surely his former manager would have installed him in our first eleven by now?
Either a poor decision by the manager or informed confirmation that the player just isn’t of the required standard.?

I am being harsh on him to be fair. It was a car crash though. I remember that we'd got our first VHS video and was so excited to record this game. Don't think I ever switched it on again after full time. Video is probably still in it somewhere.
Yes leave it where it is, the video, car crash describes it very well, I think Southall got dropped after this game along with s few others, Howard should have had a word with himself as well!!

Fairer to say, he was the same yard dog he's always been, which is why nobody ever met Burnley's valuation and he left for nothing after they were relegated.
He was out of contract that’s why Everton didn’t have to pay a transfer fee but I bet Tarkowski copped for a very handsome signing on fee with the best wages he’s ever had in his career.

probably is, but that's because our attackers are technically diabolical rather than keane being any good.
I don't know. It's a long shot (fanciful dream really) because you'd ask yourself why no manager has tried it, but if you've ever watched the training videos...

... he's consistently training with the forwards and banging them in; he looks very comfortable. He's scored some good goals for us too, with his feet to boot.

I'd give him a go.

I don't know. It's a long shot (fanciful dream really) because you'd ask yourself why no manager has tried it, but if you've ever watched the training videos...

... he's consistently training with the forwards and banging them in; he looks very comfortable. He's scored some good goals for us too, with his feet to boot.

I'd give him a go.
Probably haven't tried it because he turns like a tugboat, he's get bullied by any defender who went near him and most importantly he's crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.