2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt have sold everyone last summer.

Now weve got 2 new first choice and Branthwaite as backup...

I'd sell Keane, Mina, Godfrey, Holgate and either get a promising u21 in or an experienced loan player.

There should be £35mil in fees there before we look at others to move on.

I have to say I would keep Godfrey, think how old are Tarkie and Coady.

Links of Keane to West Ham, but nothing for Holgate, Godfrey or Mina so I've no idea why people think they'll be sold or even who will buy them. Mina is in the final six months, so any club would surely offer him a pre-contract and save the transfer fee. Godfrey will barely be back from injury so no idea who'd be interested in an unfit player half way through the season. And Holgate is rubbish. Me thinks a few of them might be here for quite some time to come...

I have to say I would keep Godfrey, think how old are Tarkie and Coady.
Both 29. Branthwaite is 20 and add either another u21 or an experienced player on loan and we'd be all set -- though i expect that to be in the summer.

Links of Keane to West Ham, but nothing for Holgate, Godfrey or Mina so I've no idea why people think they'll be sold or even who will buy them. Mina is in the final six months, so any club would surely offer him a pre-contract and save the transfer fee. Godfrey will barely be back from injury so no idea who'd be interested in an unfit player half way through the season. And Holgate is rubbish. Me thinks a few of them might be here for quite some time to come...

Holgate has had offers for the past 2 summers.

Keane could easily be sold.

Godfrey off in the summer along with the then, out of confract Mina.

Between the 4 we'd get at least £35mil.

I think the championship is his only option, or maybe the SPL. I just can’t see another premier league team indulging him, he’s a walking mistake.

Italy is my guess. Not long ago he was in the england squad and is a "name" like Smalling used to be.

Italy is my guess. Not long ago he was in the england squad and is a "name" like Smalling used to be.

It would be so unfair on Italians to make them watch Michael Keane. It would be a national insult. I’m convinced he’d burst into flames on the border tbh. There’s just no way that fans who have watched Maldini Baresi Nesta Cannavaro Chiellini could then watch Michael Keane. It would be retina burning.

Keane needs games. He was just thrown into a match having not played most of the season. Personally I think his level of performance in his career is better than the other 2 centre halves we currently use. But I'm in the minority unfortunately. I hope the lad gets a good move and proves himself and gets back in the england team like he was a regular a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.