2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He suits Burnley like Tarkowski suits Burnley he’s a mid table centre half at most . If tarkowski or Mee ( who some fans say we should of signed) moved same would happen they suit a style of football, defend and clear… none are ball playing centre half’s, and how we want to play. We’ve been duped for 30million. Pants down, and we are limping to the hospital.

As above poster said.

He suits Burnley, because he’s a stopper. The way Burnley play, that Anti-Football crap, it suits him.

Head it anywhere, hoof it anywhere. Pack in tightly, and condensed that if you are in trouble you have 7-8 others around him.

Meanwhile, at the weekend he regularly misplaced headers, was caught in no mans land whilst defending the Watford breaks, it was just terrible.

Hes just not very Good… yet was rewarded with a new Contract. Everton strike again.

As above poster said.

He suits Burnley, because he’s a stopper. The way Burnley play, that Anti-Football crap, it suits him.

Head it anywhere, hoof it anywhere. Pack in tightly, and condensed that if you are in trouble you have 7-8 others around him.

Meanwhile, at the weekend he regularly misplaced headers, was caught in no mans land whilst defending the Watford breaks, it was just terrible.

Hes just not very Good… yet was rewarded with a new Contract. Everton strike again.
He’s clearly decent with the ball at his feet. That cross for richy. He’s played other solid passes too. It’s a shame he can’t do it more often.

He’s clearly decent with the ball at his feet. That cross for richy. He’s played other solid passes too. It’s a shame he can’t do it more often.

Can’t knock the ball, was a great pass.

Just can’t defend very well, just doesn’t have the focus for me. Last seen was a regular one for me, him and Holgate were making a catalogue of errors.

Just need leaders at the back and think he’s part of the problem we’ve got.

Perfectly suited for a mid table side, which is exactly what we are.

Few and far between. One good cross out of how many games, clearly doesn’t mean he’s good with the ball at his feet IMO. We can’t play out the back with the players we have, they haven’t adapted for 5/6 years. It’s not going to happen unless we sign better players which is going to be hard with financial fair play. This isn’t Rafael’s fault nor am I advocate for this Rafael out bollocks. Blokes been dealt a hard card. It’s a case of ride it out. Top 10 is the goal. Anything else above is a positive for me. The squad is dire.

Few and far between. One good cross out of how many games, clearly doesn’t mean he’s good with the ball at his feet IMO. We can’t play out the back with the players we have, they haven’t adapted for 5/6 years. It’s not going to happen unless we sign better players which is going to be hard with financial fair play. This isn’t Rafael’s fault nor am I advocate for this Rafael out bollocks. Blokes been dealt a hard card. It’s a case of ride it out. Top 10 is the goal. Anything else above is a positive for me. The squad is dire.
*Rafael out (not rafael bloke isn’t a turtle ha ha)

All hyperbole aside Keane is what Keane is. He's a fairly solid CB who on his day is as solid as any other CB outside the top 4/6 teams. Good in the air, good 1 on 1 defending and is good at putting his body on the line. Even his passing has got quite decent in the last couple of seasons. Also, if you a play a deep line, you'll see all the good parts of his game.

However, he has always struggled without a more commanding partner, some people just aren't leaders, some people just can't hand being out of their comfort zone or like in Keane's case... it's not that he's always like that, sometimes he does rise to the occasion - it's just that he's always liable to show those frailties.

We've got bigger problems than Keane at the club, but after we fill other priority positions and get to CB, Keane, Godfrey and Holgate will all have to be reviewed.

All hyperbole aside Keane is what Keane is. He's a fairly solid CB who on his day is as solid as any other CB outside the top 4/6 teams. Good in the air, good 1 on 1 defending and is good at putting his body on the line. Even his passing has got quite decent in the last couple of seasons. Also, if you a play a deep line, you'll see all the good parts of his game.

However, he has always struggled without a more commanding partner, some people just aren't leaders, some people just can't hand being out of their comfort zone or like in Keane's case... it's not that he's always like that, sometimes he does rise to the occasion - it's just that he's always liable to show those frailties.

We've got bigger problems than Keane at the club, but after we fill other priority positions and get to CB, Keane, Godfrey and Holgate will all have to be reviewed.
Have been defending him against the nonsense but this is fair and don’t disagree. He’s looked good in a pair with Zouma and Mina - has struggled with Godfrey and Holgate or in a back 3.

Having said that, I think there is a certain amount of mitigation for all our defenders. As a centre back myself when I played, I look at this Everton team of the last 4/5 years and think I would hate to play centre back

As a centre half you’re looking for protection from your midfield. If the midfield in front of you gets overrun, doesn’t track runners, doesn’t put pressure on the ball etc. it makes defending a thousand times more difficult. You’re constantly having to make decisions, who to mark, which runner to follow, whether to move out of the line to close down the man with the ball or stay with your man.

Until they put together a more consistently competitive, combative, organised midfield, I think whoever plays in the back line will have problems.

Have been defending him against the nonsense but this is fair and don’t disagree. He’s looked good in a pair with Zouma and Mina - has struggled with Godfrey and Holgate or in a back 3.

Having said that, I think there is a certain amount of mitigation for all our defenders. As a centre back myself when I played, I look at this Everton team of the last 4/5 years and think I would hate to play centre back

As a centre half you’re looking for protection from your midfield. If the midfield in front of you gets overrun, doesn’t track runners, doesn’t put pressure on the ball etc. it makes defending a thousand times more difficult. You’re constantly having to make decisions, who to mark, which runner to follow, whether to move out of the line to close down the man with the ball or stay with your man.

Until they put together a more consistently competitive, combative, organised midfield, I think whoever plays in the back line will have problems.

Yeah man definitely, we always ask a bit too much of any good-pressing midfielder. Doucoure, Gueye, McCarthy....

The decision to not go to a 3 man midfield with Gbamin to me was a schocking one at 2-1 up.

Threatens to be a good player but has to many errors in his game to ever be reliable one of Rafael's lads so won't be out of the team anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.