2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Wasn’t able to watch the game yesterday so can’t really comment on how he played. I don’t think anyone is blind to his faults or is saying he is a world class centre back. Simply saying last week he played very well and to be fair to him, was for the majority of Carlo’s tenure.

Personal comments like you detest him, and that he’s a spineless horrible dog of a man are unnecessary.

Watched the highlights and can’t really say he was at fault for any of the goals but having not watched the game, he may well have been poor otherwise.

Looking at the goals, Godfrey was directly responsible for the second and third goals and instead of clearing ran into Digne and lost the ball in the box for the fourth. They weren’t anything to do with Keane.

By the time it got to the fourth and fifth went in, looked like the midfield was all over the place and there were massive gaps, runners not being tracked.
Not unnecessary at all, I hate him, I really really hate the man. I hate everything about him.

Last season is last season. Now our best defenders are Holgate and Mina. Followed by Brantwaite.
Did you watch Holgate last season and the games he played at the start of this season? He’s got similar flaws to Godfrey, maybe a better passer but without the pace.

You’ve got to be able to do the basics, get in the right position, attack the ball in the air, learn when to go with a runner and when to pass him on. It’s not just about tackling and running - Holgate and Godfrey are miles off in these areas and until they have those aspects of the game will be targeted and exposed in the premier league.

As for Branthwaite, that’s just wild hope you have nothing to base that on. He’s also green, although if he’s developed properly looks like he could be a really good player.

One of the problems for these young centre backs is the lack of protection our midfield gives the defence. If we had a properly compact and functioning midfield they might not be exposed so wouldn’t be put in so many difficult positions where they’re constantly having to make decisions.

If people think it’s just a case of sticking Yerry Mina next to one of these guys yesterday and we’d have been good then they’re in for a rude awakening. When the team doesn’t keep shape, defend as a team then defending becomes very difficult.

Where's the lids who was shagging his arse after the defeat last week saying he's boss and that.

I absolutely detest him. Spinless horrible dog of a man

The fan base have a massive blind spot over him. If Holgate or Mina put on the weekly shambles he does they would be getting hounded out the club. Keane is practically booting it into his own net most weeks and lids on here are still calling him out best centre half and could play for a higher club etc.

He’s one of the worst signings in our history. 30 million pounds for a fat carthorse who can’t run, cant turn quickly, gets caught out by diagonal balls, loses his head if he makes a single mistake, and has zero leadership qualities whatsoever. He’s been terrible, absolutely terrible for nearly the entirety of the time he’s been with us.

No doubt though he’ll have two or three games where he doesn’t cock up and does the basics that any defender should do and people are straight back to worshipping him. He cost 30 million for christs sake. He’s supposed to be one of the best centre backs in the league for that price. Lescott used to be bagging multiple goals a season, flying out from left back, bringing it out of defence at pace, Jagielka in his prime used to be able to pocket prime Torres one on one. They cost nowhere near what he did, he’s absolutely nowhere near those two, he’s nowhere near Stones or Distin, nowhere near Heitinga, nowhere near Yobo, Stubbs, Weir. Nowhere near.

He is absolutely crap and always has been. An awful awful player who is just completely dog turd. I hate watching him for us, knowing at any point he’ll just mess up a five yard pass and give it to the striker, or close his eyes and miss a simple clearing header, or balloon it against our own player which he’s done multiple times. He probably cost us europe last season with his clown show against Spurs.

Just get out of the club please god, I hate having to watch this utter clown week in week our ruin my footballing enjoyment with his turd show every week.

King absolutley owned Keane, so I dread to think what Lukaku, Salah, Kane etc are going to do to him and the rest of our keystone cops defence.

He just hasn't got the mental minerals to be a top class defender - he's needs putting our out of his misery.

He looked terrified and beaten anytime Watford came near him and his nervousness spread to Godfrey next to him.

Get fit soon Weetabix Yerry - you're a huge miss.

The fan base have a massive blind spot over him. If Holgate or Mina put on the weekly shambles he does they would be getting hounded out the club. Keane is practically booting it into his own net most weeks and lids on here are still calling him out best centre half and could play for a higher club etc.

He’s one of the worst signings in our history. 30 million pounds for a fat carthorse who can’t run, cant turn quickly, gets caught out by diagonal balls, loses his head if he makes a single mistake, and has zero leadership qualities whatsoever. He’s been terrible, absolutely terrible for nearly the entirety of the time he’s been with us.

No doubt though he’ll have two or three games where he doesn’t cock up and does the basics that any defender should do and people are straight back to worshipping him. He cost 30 million for christs sake. He’s supposed to be one of the best centre backs in the league for that price. Lescott used to be bagging multiple goals a season, flying out from left back, bringing it out of defence at pace, Jagielka in his prime used to be able to pocket prime Torres one on one. They cost nowhere near what he did, he’s absolutely nowhere near those two, he’s nowhere near Stones or Distin, nowhere near Heitinga, nowhere near Yobo, Stubbs, Weir. Nowhere near.

He is absolutely crap and always has been. An awful awful player who is just completely dog turd. I hate watching him for us, knowing at any point he’ll just mess up a five yard pass and give it to the striker, or close his eyes and miss a simple clearing header, or balloon it against our own player which he’s done multiple times. He probably cost us europe last season with his clown show against Spurs.

Just get out of the club please god, I hate having to watch this utter clown week in week our ruin my footballing enjoyment with his turd show every week.

*Applauds*

Hyperbolic bullshit, he’s not even in the ball park of Iwobi, The Invisible Man, or for that matter Kroldrup for worst signings

The latter bit says more about your character if you’re letting someone ruin your weekend over something as daft as football

Hyperbolic bullshit, he’s not even in the ball park of Iwobi, The Invisible Man, or for that matter Kroldrup for worst signings

The latter bit says more about your character if you’re letting someone ruin your weekend over something as daft as football
Agree, like a lot of others in this thread, hyperbole overload. Thanks for responding to it, I couldn’t be bothered. Could have spent £30 million better, no doubt, but isn’t in the same universe as iwobi, Tosun, Niasse, Schnederlin, Walcott, Bolasie, Kroldrup etc.

add the other ten players to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.