2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He loses his head two or three times most games he makes too many individual mistakes.
Personally can't see a way to complain about the volume of mistakes Keane makes as justification for Mina and Godfrey starting. I thought he mad one mistake Saturday. People having a go because he slowed up and almost got beaten a second time are going too far for me.

He didn't lose his head though. He was very assured for the entire second half.
Our senior centre back had to be swapped over with his junior partner because he was being ragged by a championship no mark. He was assured second half because he had nothing to do. The guy had his best season last year because there were no fans, I’m fully expecting more meltdowns this year as Keane seems to have the mental fortitude of a goldfish.

Our senior centre back had to be swapped over with his junior partner because he was being ragged by a championship no mark. He was assured second half because he had nothing to do. The guy had his best season last year because there were no fans, I’m fully expecting more meltdowns this year as Keane seems to have the mental fortitude of a goldfish.
He was swapped because it made more sense to have him battle Adams aerially and because Keane can pass half decent on his right foot while Holgate is crap no matter where he's standing. That aside I'm not sure why a player playing well in a spot he's more comfortable is a bad thing.

Anyway footballers are supposed to be goldfish just ask Ted Lasso

Personally can't see a way to complain about the volume of mistakes Keane makes as justification for Mina and Godfrey starting. I thought he mad one mistake Saturday. People having a go because he slowed up and almost got beaten a second time are going too far for me.
Don't need a justification just play your best players. Keane for me will always be too up and down especially alongside Holgate both have too many errors in their game, look at when they played against Spurs last season.

Don't need a justification just play your best players. Keane for me will always be too up and down especially alongside Holgate both have too many errors look at when they played against Spurs last season.
I think there'll be an interesting swing in how we feel about our CBs over the course of the season either from me and a few others or from the majority of the support who we're at odds with.

I think there'll be an interesting swing in how we feel about our CBs over the course of the season either from me and a few others or from the majority of the support who we're at odds with.
We could do with a leader back there who is fit more often than Mina. But going on who we have Keane isn't in the pairing for me.

We could do with a leader back there who is fit more often than Mina. But going on who we have Keane isn't in the pairing for me.
Yeah I know. Most everyone wants to see it be Mina but that'll probably change when he leaves a clearance at the top of the box and Godfrey but that also might change if he doesn't figure out marking. It's going to be a wild ride.

Always tried to defend Keane, as I hoped that he would come good and would mature into a high level centre half. But, first game of the season and he unfortunately is making the same mistakes year on year. I think it's time to move on and pass the reigns to Godfrey and Mina (or a new CB). I'm sure there are teams that would take him, he wouldn't demand a huge transfer team and he may shine at a team like Burnley again.

I know some people like the Keane Mina partnership but for me it traps us playing deep and our midfield isn't mobile enough. Keane can play backs against the wall football only. That's ok if you aspire to finish mid table but if you have more ambition you need to be able to play on the front foot. I wanted him to succeed as you can see he tries and he cares but he makes too many mistakes and they seem to affect him mentally. 4th choice in my opinion and I would definitely sell if a reasonable offer came in.

He struggled on Saturday and he is mentally fragile when making an error. I think he will get another chance under this manager. Benitez is a hands on coach so I’ve got a feeling there maybe some improvements in our underperformers this season hopefully.

Well, I'll give him kudos for his mental strength. Did well after that royal cock-up when plenty of others would just crumble and continue to suck. Hopefully that was the wake-up call he needed to stay fired up for the next half-season at least.

I'd play him against Leeds.

Did well after?

2 similar errors 2nd half when he only just got to the ball when metres ahead of their forward

Kicking the ball out of play for no reason

Heading the ball out of play when he could have brought it down

Out fought and out muscled by someone half his size

Having Pickford and Holgate talk him through the game

He simply had nothing to do after being switched with Holgate as he was a calamity.

My definition of a decent offer = anything over £15m. Never mind the mental side (mentioned a lot on here), he’s just very poor when in possession imo. It hasn’t worked out, sell.

Vestergaard went for £15mil. I think we could have got £20mil when he was in England squads...id take £10mil for him.

He didn't lose his head though. He was very assured for the entire second half.

See above...this is not true.

The 'justification' of Mina and Godfrey starting is simple and obvious.

He was swapped because it made more sense to have him battle Adams aerially and because Keane can pass half decent on his right foot while Holgate is crap no matter where he's standing. That aside I'm not sure why a player playing well in a spot he's more comfortable is a bad thing.

Anyway footballers are supposed to be goldfish just ask Ted Lasso

How much money do you think another team would want to pay for Keane?

If I could get shut of any one player, it would be him.

At least Delph has the decency to never make it on to the pitch.

Its not only him as a footballer.

Hes a symbol of failure, an anchor holding the team deep when they need to cut it off and sail forwards, onwards and upwards

Status
Not open for further replies.