2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
….as is Keane but at least Mina is combative and competitive, he’ll look to get his bulk in the way of the runner or bring him down. I think he’s a better defender than Keane but Benitez clearly disagrees. I assume with his selection yesterday he feels Mina is some way down the pecking order.

Mina coming back far later to preseason is surely the only reason the oaf was selected yesterday.
I think he'll find himself out of the team very quickly

Can you name a single time Mina has made a mistake like that since he’s been at the club? You can’t, but I can think of about 4 from Keane.

Mina is solid, he doesn’t make mistakes, it’s a complete illusion because he’s got a bit of a gangly weird run.

Probably mistakes wise not as bad as Keane mate but one the always sticks in my mind was against Man City when they beat us 3-1 (I know it was awhile ago like) Mina tried to play the ball out from the back but passed it straight to a Man City player and that led to them scoring and that's the thing with him, he can be sloppy with the ball.

Probably mistakes wise not as bad as Keane mate but one the always sticks in my mind was against Man City when they beat us 3-1 (I know it was awhile ago like) Mina tried to play the ball out from the back but passed it straight to a Man City player and that led to them scoring and that's the thing with him, he can be sloppy with the ball.

Yeah I remember that one, but generally he is fine on the ball. I feel much more comfortable with him on the ball than I do Keane, plus his defensive abilities and awareness are also miles better. For me they couldn’t be much further apart as players, they’re just in a different league.

Literally the split second that any hesitancy crept into his mind over what he was actually going to do with the ball there he should’ve just put his foot through it. You absolutely cannot make mistakes like that at this level and he should know that!

Status
Not open for further replies.